All accepted registrations through January 19, 2019 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Radio Garden Phone App

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
craig11152

Radio Garden Phone App

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 am

My brother told me about a phone app called radio garden. I downloaded it this morning and have been toying with it. Essentially it gives you a map of the world with radio stations all over the world and a little crosshair in the middle and you swing the map until the crosshair lines up for the radio station and it plays. It certainly is just a sampling of radio stations. But for radio honks like this place has it might be a nice little toy to try out. When you have a radio station in your crosshairs and playing it gives you limited information about the station and a link to its website if it has one. I've only been playing with it for 10 minutes so I can't say I have a lot of input yet.

Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

Oldies 84
Location: At The Drive-In Watching a Movie and Listening to Radio 84

Re: Radio Garden Phone App

Post by Oldies 84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm

It seems pretty cool but I’m experiencing issues with the accuracy of the map vs. the station location, are you experiencing the same issues?

Song of the Day From 1967, “I Need You” by The Rationals On The Big 84.

craig11152

Re: Radio Garden Phone App

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:09 am

I haven't paid attention. More curious about far away lands that speak English. So I don't really know the exact location anyway.

Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic