Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best sounding radio station of all time

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Deleted User 3751

Re: Best sounding radio station of all time

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:24 am

Then Ed and Motorola Engineer Greg Buchwald did their magic with WJR-AM with Detroit Tiger games that sounded like you were in Tiger Stadium
I also remember listening to U of M football games on WJR and it also sounded like you were in the Big House. The placing of mics was perfect with the CQUAM system.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:33 am

I do remember WJR having a great quality sound I think it was in the 90’s and the AM Stereo thing was great. I still have my Realistic AM stereo receiver that hooked up to your home system the home system is gone but the AM receiver survived.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:16 pm

I have the Realistic Motorola AM Stereo Component. There was another one just sitting in the Radio Shack in Cheboygan and I arranged for Del Reynolds, the franchisee then, to swap it for some Art Vuolo Video Aircheck Tapes. Art used it to record the U. of M. Football Games off of WJR in Stereo.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 am
If you’re talking programming content and not sound quality well I’ll have to say my pick is CKLW the Big 8.
A buddy of mine in Florida sent me this link. Needless to say it is quite detailed:

History - CKLW-AM

http://www.broadcasting-history.ca/list ... io/cklw-am

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:03 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 am
If you’re talking programming content and not sound quality well I’ll have to say my pick is CKLW the Big 8.
A buddy of mine in Florida sent me this link. Needless to say it is quite detailed:

History - CKLW-AM

http://www.broadcasting-history.ca/list ... io/cklw-am
Thanks for the info. I used to frequent that site and actually thought it was gone but I see they’re still up, again Thanks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:27 pm

I gotta give props to the audio quality of the 102.1 WLEW Friday Night Football broadcast. I was scanning the dial last night and stopped here for a few minutes. I don't even remember who was playing, but the sound quality was absolutely top-notch - sounded like they were directly in the studio. Sounded way better than any of the college sports I hear throughout Michigan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic