All accepted registrations through September 8 at 11:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

TV Weatherman calls out jive alerts, Sinclair fires him

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Lester The Nightfly

TV Weatherman calls out jive alerts, Sinclair fires him

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 am

BREAKING NEWS!!! TERROR IN THE SKYS!!! CODE RED!!!!

https://splinternews.com/sinclair-weath ... 1835449683

moldyoldie

Re: TV Weatherman calls out jive alerts, Sinclair fires him

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:17 am

I'm glad I read through the comments, windy.com is fantastic...and no ads!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:25 am

He broke the line, he told it like it is and was “rewarded” for it.

Like the cop who holds other cops accountable to the law. They can’t have any of that.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 am

It wasn't a smart idea to go on an extended rant on-air as he did. That was rather unprofessional of him.

Also, I've never seen this "Code Red" verbiage used on WWMT - a fellow Sinclair-owned station. This supports the notion that individual stations do have some flexibility. My guess is the weather forecaster had an ax to grind with either the local news director or local GM and decided to air his dirty laundry publicly.

Memo to WGRD: You need to sound a LOT more like your phenomenal sister station in Davenport, IA.

I-Rock 93.5 f*cking rules!!! https://irock935.com/playlist/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 am

We sure have started seeing the Sinclair effect in Traverse City. Our newscast last night after the date was nothing but National propaganda pieces. They spent more time on Trump's reaction than they did on the debate. They also have some national feed about crisis at the border. It's sensationalistic right-wing crap. It's why I don't really watch local news and read newspapers now.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 am
We sure have started seeing the Sinclair effect in Traverse City. Our newscast last night after the date was nothing but National propaganda pieces. They spent more time on Trump's reaction than they did on the debate. They also have some national feed about crisis at the border. It's sensationalistic right-wing crap. It's why I don't really watch local news and read newspapers now.
Same thing on Sinclair owned FOX66 and Sinclair subsidiary NBC25 in Flint. 66’s 10pm News, along with their 7-9am morning block, have a point counter point commentary on national issues on every newscast. It’s opinion disguised as news

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 am
It wasn't a smart idea to go on an extended rant on-air as he did. That was rather unprofessional of him.

Also, I've never seen this "Code Red" verbiage used on WWMT - a fellow Sinclair-owned station. This supports the notion that individual stations do have some flexibility. My guess is the weather forecaster had an ax to grind with either the local news director or local GM and decided to air his dirty laundry publicly.
Same here haven't seen this code red on WWMT. I agree I think that weather forecaster had an ax to grind with his bosses at the station he was working for should have kept it private and in house.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:05 pm

This meteorologist is nothing short of a hero. Unfortunately, he’s also a martyr. They killed his job because he dared to pull back the curtain to show viewers the truth.

The media doesn’t want you to know the truth. It doesn’t sell. It would rather show you how to recycle than show how it tries to scare people into watching regardless of whether the threat is real. They don’t want the truth to get in the way of a good story.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:05 pm

I can't stomach even local news anymore, from pretty much any network. I get my news during my shortwave listening, from several sources. TV news is just too overly dramatic and over the top across the board.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:38 am

I’m wondering why there aren’t any “tell all” books published by former reporters and anchors. Sounds like it could be quite lucrative.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic