Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sirius XM...

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Sirius XM...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:41 pm

They only earned $1.1BN in Net Income on $5.8BN in Revenue in 2018. Net Income has more than doubled over the past five years.

They earned $2.0BN in EBITDA, which is up 45% from five years ago.

Can someone remind how well iFart and Cumulus performed during the same timeframe? :lol

No one will pay for "Radio" right? Satellite radio will never survive, right? :lol

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Sirius XM...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:43 pm

I love how a PAY radio service has about 50% more in annual Revenue than iHeartMedia's 1000+ radio stations.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:41 pm

I guess this is a win for the "Content is king" camp...

I thought the idea of maintaining a network of satellites was crazy, but compare that to 1100 transmitters I guess XM and Sirius were right.

It makes you wonder why radio hasn't gone to a national programming model like television and just about everybody else. Why wouldn't you have one local station and National feeds for the popular formats with local wx and news.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Give it Time TC, AM Radio is pretty much Satellite feed today with all the talk and sports.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 am

As mentioned in another thread, they have terrible and pushy customer service. So, so many horror stories of their shady billing practices when you are trying to cancel. They definitely do NOT make it easy and don't take no for an answer. Adding insult to injury you can't cancel your membership online so you are FORCED to talk to high pressure reps who give you a terrible time.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm

TheForce wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 am
As mentioned in another thread, they have terrible and pushy customer service. So, so many horror stories of their shady billing practices when you are trying to cancel. They definitely do NOT make it easy and don't take no for an answer. Adding insult to injury you can't cancel your membership online so you are FORCED to talk to high pressure reps who give you a terrible time.
Ive had it a few yrs now and personally never ran into that.I tell them right out I cant afford that price for renewel and be polite and they always do something better I can afford.I never thought I would be so attached to it as I am.

I just wish I had bought shares in it way back..... :eek

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:51 pm

windsor wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm
TheForce wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 am
Ive had it a few yrs now and personally never ran into that.I tell them right out I cant afford that price for renewel and be polite and they always do something better I can afford.I never thought I would be so attached to it as I am.

I just wish I had bought shares in it way back..... :eek
I recently switched jobs and went from driving my own vehicle with XM to company cars with terrestrial radio. My God, what a difference. Repetition on FM is horrible and commercials drive me crazy. I’m constantly button pushing.

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:16 pm

If SiriusXM didn't use such low-bandwidth streams for many of its music channels, I'd still be a subscriber. I can't justify paying for a service that, on the channels I used to listen to, doesn't come close to terrestrial FM stations in terms of audio quality.

Listened to Willie's Roadhouse on SiriusXM in my parents' car a couple of weeks ago, and the audio was just painfully bad. An AM music broadcast would have been more enjoyable to listen to than the ultra-compressed, artifact-laden garbage I heard from SiriusXM that day.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Some of the TV news channels have a split screen plus headline banners scrolling across the screen. It's difficult to follow on TV and it's an idea that doesn't work at all on radio

Was listening to SXM on Friday and there were three audio streams playing at the same time. The program, plus two different commercials, all on together.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic