Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Syndication

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
sfpcc

Syndication

Post by sfpcc » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:04 pm

I have a question about TV reruns shown in syndication. Why is it that sometimes certain episodes are not shown of the series that is being rerun? For example growing up a few Twilight Zone weren't aired, (Short Drink From A Certain Fountain, The Encounter.) One reason maybe be legal rights over authorship over the episode, but I think there could be others.

fuzzpower

Re: Syndication

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:25 pm

I know some series didn’t syndicate all of their shows for whatever reason. For years, the only color Perry Mason episode was not rerun. My Three Sons and Donna Reed didn’t syndicate certain seasons.

CurlyHoward

Re: Syndication

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm

The Simpsons episode "City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" which heavily features the World Trade Center was taken out of circulation for several years following 9/11, at the discretion of the individual stations airing the series.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic