All accepted registrations through August 15 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Sirius XM...

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Sirius XM...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:41 pm

They only earned $1.1BN in Net Income on $5.8BN in Revenue in 2018. Net Income has more than doubled over the past five years.

They earned $2.0BN in EBITDA, which is up 45% from five years ago.

Can someone remind how well iFart and Cumulus performed during the same timeframe? :lol

No one will pay for "Radio" right? Satellite radio will never survive, right? :lol

All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Sirius XM...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:43 pm

I love how a PAY radio service has about 50% more in annual Revenue than iHeartMedia's 1000+ radio stations.

All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:41 pm

I guess this is a win for the "Content is king" camp...

I thought the idea of maintaining a network of satellites was crazy, but compare that to 1100 transmitters I guess XM and Sirius were right.

It makes you wonder why radio hasn't gone to a national programming model like television and just about everybody else. Why wouldn't you have one local station and National feeds for the popular formats with local wx and news.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Give it Time TC, AM Radio is pretty much Satellite feed today with all the talk and sports.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic