Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:32 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:16 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:05 am
Moore's reaction was entertaining, but I agree other acting head coaches most likely would not display such emotion publicly on camera. I don't think I'd go so far as to call it embarrassing, though.

Know what's worthy of embarrassment? The Washington Huskies player yesterday who released the football at the 1 yard line in Utah territory thinking he was already in the end zone. :lol (Yes, that actually happened.)
You'd think they would have all of these on a 7 second tape delay. Or, if they can put a man on the moon, why can't they invent an f bomb audio detector and real time auto delete/beep? After all, it's still one of the seven words you can't say on TV, according to George Carlin.
The ABC Network - or perhaps just WXYZ locally - has such technology, and it is very bothersome when watching NBA or any football broadcast on WXYZ.

When the Lions played on Monday Night Football, I turned off channel 7 and switched to ESPN because the frequent audio drop outs on the ABC telecast were annoying the heck out of me.
I'll defer to Regent Acker:

https://twitter.com/JordanAckerMI/statu ... lFFJg&s=19

https://twitter.com/JordanAckerMI/statu ... fotvg&s=19

And a bonus: https://twitter.com/JordanAckerMI/statu ... gOkqw&s=19
Oh good… now this thing that NOBODY else in the known universe does is a sign of strength… these people are delusional and getting desperate. Nobody is mistaking the guy losing it with class. You have to be aware of where you are and when if you want to sit in the big chair. We beat Penn State… woohoo. It’s still a dumpster fire of a situation.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:34 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:32 am
Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Moore's reaction was entertaining, but I agree other acting head coaches most likely would not display such emotion publicly on camera. I don't think I'd go so far as to call it embarrassing, though.

Know what's worthy of embarrassment? The Washington Huskies player yesterday who released the football at the 1 yard line in Utah territory thinking he was already in the end zone. :lol (Yes, that actually happened.)
You'd think they would have all of these on a 7 second tape delay. Or, if they can put a man on the moon, why can't they invent an f bomb audio detector and real time auto delete/beep? After all, it's still one of the seven words you can't say on TV, according to George Carlin.
The ABC Network - or perhaps just WXYZ locally - has such technology, and it is very bothersome when watching NBA or any football broadcast on WXYZ.

When the Lions played on Monday Night Football, I turned off channel 7 and switched to ESPN because the frequent audio drop outs on the ABC telecast were annoying the heck out of me.

Oh good… now this thing that NOBODY else in the known universe does is a sign of strength… these people are delusional and getting desperate. Nobody is mistaking the guy losing it with class. You have to be aware of where you are and when if you want to sit in the big chair. We beat Penn State… woohoo. It’s still a dumpster fire of a situation.
Yes, the big ten is a dumpster fire.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:36 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:34 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:32 am
Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Yes, the big ten is a dumpster fire.
So is the fan base and administration at U of M running around in denial. The coach crying and swearing made him look like he was 5 and somebody put him in charge of an NCAA Football video game tournament.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:37 am

Again, the university is united in support of the team and against the big ten's bullshit actions.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:38 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:37 am
Again, the university is united in support of the team and against the big ten's bullshit actions.
The university also mistakes the pathetic display yesterday with “class”. When they ask about the standards at Michigan they ask “how low can you go?”…

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:38 am
Matt wrote:
The university also mistakes the pathetic display yesterday with “class”. When they ask about the standards at Michigan they ask “how low can you go?”…
The bullshit that the big ten has put the team and the university through for several weeks now bubbled up. Deal with it, snowflake.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:53 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
The bullshit that the big ten has put the team and the university through for several weeks now bubbled up. Deal with it, snowflake.
So are they good or lucky? If they are good and they took care of business… ho hum. If on the other hand they have been lucky…

Teams have dealt with worse… nobody reacted like a Lions fanboy at Lambeau when they won for the first time in 25 years or whatever it was.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:58 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:20 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:16 am
Between the coach crying after the game and UofM filing a lawsuit because they got caught and didn't like it, this team seems like a bit of a mess. Add MSU's drama and our state seems like a mess.

Does this happen across the B1G 10?
Shocking that the guy that thinks sheriffs report to prosecutors has an awful, uninformed take on the situation!
What? You've become BMW
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:02 am

I have no dog in this race as I'm neither a University of Michigan fan nor hater. My view as someone who is relatively disinterested in the success of U of M football (or MSU for that matter) is that nobody comes out of this looking particularly good. While I do think that suspending Harbaugh for the remainder of the regular season was a bit pre-mature under the circumstances, and also agree that other Big 10 Universities would love nothing more than to see Michigan taken down a notch, the idea that Michigan is somehow a squeaky clean victim of, I'll use a politics analogy here - a "deep state" conspiracy - is ridiculous. Michigan has an almost cult-like following - of which Matt's membership is kinda ironic given how he rails against the "Trump cult." The fact that Matt can't see the parallels between Michigan's situation and Trump's situation is amusing to me.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:11 am

I agree with Rate This that "class" was the wrong term for Acker to use. There is nothing classy about dropping F-bombs on daytime broadcast TV.

As for the Big Ten's punishment, I think suspending Harbaugh and the way in which it was announced were both inappropriate. That said, I've not yet seen a persuasive legal argument that the Big Ten commissioner is legally unable to take the action he opted to take. The bylaws in my view permit the action that was taken, so likely the question boils down to whether the action taken is a violation of tort law. We'll see how the judge feels come this Friday.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:41 am

Do you think the Big 10's timing of its Harbaugh suspension was prompted by nothing more than fear that he's going to be coaching somewhere else next year and that if they waited until the off-season that he would basically walk off scot-free?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:45 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Yes, the Big Ten should have waited for the offseason and then suspend Harbaugh for the first three cupcake games of next season. That would really send the message.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:54 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:11 am
I agree with Rate This that "class" was the wrong term for Acker to use. There is nothing classy about dropping F-bombs on daytime broadcast TV.

As for the Big Ten's punishment, I think suspending Harbaugh and the way in which it was announced were both inappropriate. That said, I've not yet seen a persuasive legal argument that the Big Ten commissioner is legally unable to take the action he opted to take. We'll see how the judge feels come this Friday.
Allowing language like this on TV not only violates FCC rules, having respected people say it, whether it a coach, a native celebrity like a DJ's daughter, or Macomb Township's own Kat Timpf, though bleeped on Gutfeld, just adds to the coarseness of an already coarse society. And saying the ubiquitous euphemism "freaking" is just another step toward acceptance.

Like the interjection "like" used to be, it is what my high school English teacher, also the debate coach, and later an award winning radio newscaster, called a "crutch". It just fills time while adding nothing to the conversation.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:57 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:54 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:11 am

As for the Big Ten's punishment, I think suspending Harbaugh and the way in which it was announced were both inappropriate. That said, I've not yet seen a persuasive legal argument that the Big Ten commissioner is legally unable to take the action he opted to take. We'll see how the judge feels come this Friday.
Allowing language like this on TV not only violates FCC rules, having respected people say it, whether it a coach, a native celebrity like a DJ's daughter, or Macomb Township's own Kat Timpf, though bleeped on Gutfeld, just adds to the coarseness of an already coarse society. And saying the ubiquitous euphemism "freaking" is just another step toward acceptance.

Like the interjection "like" used to be, it is what my high school English teacher, also the debate coach, and later an award winning radio newscaster, called a "crutch". It just fills time while adding nothing to the conversation.
The F-bomb is an emphasis... it's not good on broadcast TV because it's illegal to say it there. But if he was in the locker room giving a speech to his team.... that's exactly what it would sound like. He's just got to keep it together until he gets back there for decorum and public image reasons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:00 am

Do you think the Big 10's timing of its Harbaugh suspension was prompted by nothing more than fear that he's going to be coaching somewhere else next year and that if they waited until the off-season that he would basically walk off scot-free?
I do not believe so. I think it's a function of the conference, and its commissioner especially, succumbing to mob pressure.

Under the scenario you laid out, the conference (barring violation of tort law) would still have had the ability to punish the school by suspending his successor.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic