Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Robert Kennedy Jr. to run for President as an Independent

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Robert Kennedy Jr. to run for President as an Independent

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:04 pm

This, per the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ident-2024

As to how this will affect the national election, I suspect he will pull 1 to 1.5 percent of the national vote, pretty equally from Republican and Democrat voters. Ultimately, he will be a non-factor.

Honeyman

Re: Robert Kennedy Jr. to run for President as an Independent

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:04 pm
This, per the Guardian.

As to how this will affect the national election, I suspect he will pull 1 to 1.5 percent of the national vote, pretty equally from Republican and Democrat voters. Ultimately, he will be a non-factor.
Because Kemnedy is such a popular name with Republicans?!? Even the article you linked disagrees with you.

a third-party candidate is widely seen to be likely to peel more support from Biden than the likely Republican nominee, Donald Trump, thereby potentially handing the presidency to the Republican.
The censorship king from out of state.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:22 pm

bmw wrote:
This, per the Guardian.

Boy I dunno. I always try to preface what I say here as I could be wrong. I suppose what you say could be true if the media treats him like he's a Libertarian and don't report everything he says.

But I've felt for awhile America is ready for anyone but a Democrat or Republican. I've said it before, Perot dropped out twice and still got 19 percent. Maybe I read more than I should had back then I should of
If we hear as much from him as we will from Donald and Joe, you just may be surprised.

Only difference between Perot and Kennedy is Ross had the money to spend on advertising. Not sure Junior can stuff a war chest with contributions to match the other two.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:29 pm

bmw wrote:
This, per the Guardian.

You should be a big fan, given his vaccine stance.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:31 pm

EDIT - my pre-Matt comment - /EDIT

Kennedy's views on Covid and the Covid vaccine - an issue which gets more attention than any other when he's reported on - align with more Republican voters than with Democrat voters.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:29 pm
At the end of the day, Kennedy is still largely a liberal. I've said many times before with whom my views most closely align, particularly with regards to Covid, and that is Rand Paul.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:01 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:32 pm
Matt wrote:
At the end of the day, Kennedy is still largely a liberal. I've said many times before with whom my views most closely align, particularly with regards to Covid, and that is Rand Paul.
I would say RFK Jr. at least had the courage to take on an incumbent president who is failing cognitively.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:01 pm
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
I would say RFK Jr. at least had the courage to take on an incumbent president who is failing cognitively.
I wouldn't use the word "courage". He never held public office, served in the military, and has his family to thank for his fortune. Kinda like another fuck who is "taking on" an incumbent president.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:22 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
I wouldn't use the word "courage". He never held public office, served in the military, and has his family to thank for his fortune. Kinda like another fuck who is "taking on" an incumbent president.
I disagree to the extent that there are elected Democrats that would LOVE to be in the big seat that have stayed out in deference to Biden. A serious pragmatic centrist could beat Trump, but they are all cowards.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:22 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
I disagree to the extent that there are elected Democrats that would LOVE to be in the big seat that have stayed out in deference to Biden. A serious pragmatic centrist could beat Trump, but they are all cowards.
Valid point, but you'd be hard pressed to find a courageous Democrat. I just don't think RFK Jr. is remotely doing this out of courage, and only as an attention grab. Ironic since his father was such a truly courageous individual. My belief is he would be sickened by his sons "candidacy".

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:29 pm

Will Kennedy be on every states ballot for the Democratic primary? Obviously the deck is stacked against him with super delegates and so on, but the majority of independents don't even get on every states general election ballot.

Kennedy probably won't carry a single state against Biden. A young Kennedy couldn't win a Senate primary in Massachusetts.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:48 pm

Frightening especially in light of the anti trans legislation presented by Pence and others during the last debate. It included restrictions for children AND adults. It was never about the children.

RFK Jr. said he was a Democrat a couple months ago. It’s obvious that was a lie. I agree with Honeyman that this is a PR stunt for a book. I cannot support someone who would ruin the chances of a Democrat being elected.

Between Jr. and the No Labels ticket, things look dire for Biden. Plus, there are the polls.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:51 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:48 pm
Frightening especially in light of the anti trans legislation presented by Pence and others during the last debate. It included restrictions for children AND adults. It was never about the children.

RFK Jr. said he was a Democrat a couple months ago. It’s obvious that was a lie. I agree with Honeyman that this is a PR stunt for a book. I cannot support someone who would ruin the chances of a Democrat being elected.

Between Jr. and the No Labels ticket, things look dire for Biden. Plus, there are the polls.
Imagine thinking that it would be a bad thing for a dementia patient to be voted out...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:51 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:48 pm

Imagine thinking that it would be a bad thing for a dementia patient to be voted out...
Imagine an election where the two choices weren't both dementia patients...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:34 pm

What does it say about our system that there is a possibility of not one, but TWO more tickets throwing their hat into the ring? Few actually check those boxes on election day. We have a menu of seven or eight different entrees, yet somehow always choose hot dog or hamburger. Many times, I believe it is because you know the guy next to you is gonna vote R or D.

Perot took Bush votes in 1992.

Nader took Gore votes in 2000.

Should there be No Labels and RFK, Jr runs as an independent, I can only imagine the cluster we would have.

People that hate Trump will vote Biden, and those that hate Biden will vote Trump. I really hope we find ourselves out of this stalemate quickly.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic