Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The mentally ill should not serve as Supreme Court Justice

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: The mentally ill should not serve as Supreme Court Justice

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:25 am

Middle east? What the heck?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:05 am

Its worth a discussion about what jobs people should step away from under certain mental health conditions.
But a Michigan supreme court justice is just one of seven. So even if he somehow exhibited irrational behavior there are 6 others who can mitigate that behavior.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:30 pm

Let's side aside the discussion of mental or physical capability. I'd like to focus on why he's out of the country so much.

The article leads me to believe Bernstein spends a lot of time out of state. His job is here in Michigan. Just because the technology may be available to work remotely doesn't mean you should do it all the time.

Sure, go on vacation for a few weeks. Fine. But just stay gone? No.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic