Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Justin Trudeau Caught Up In Blackface Scandal-3 Instances So Far

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: Justin Trudeau Caught Up In Blackface Scandal-3 Instances So Far

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:11 pm
OK, so I have a different take.

Way back in 1977, me, a aspiring thespian and current radio "disc jockey" appeared on stage in black face. Again, it was 1977. The 50th anniversary of "The Jazz Singer". A VERY important film for it's time. Many firsts were accomplished with this film. I, as Al Jolson, sang "Toot toot tootsie" and "My Mammy". It was meant as a tribute to a important actor, make people aware of the film and it's import as well as to educate.

By today's standards, I would be a racist bastard. Nothing could be further from the truth.
That's how it works today Bryce. MOB rules and MOB wins! Your lucky if there was a statue of yourself or a building or a street named after you the MOB would tear down your statue of you would get the building and street renamed due to your racism. Who cares if it happened over 40 years ago or perhaps you were in your teens or early 20's. Once a racist always a racist!! YOU CANNOT CHANGE according to THE MOB. So there you go you racist bastard!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:16 pm

I don't get why there is such a fuss over this. The world has become too PC and are a bunch of pansies. Good grief!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 am

I don't think anyone should be forced to resign over wearing dark makeup as Bryce pointed out.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:25 am

The voters can deal with this on next election. Oh, and TT let us know how you feel.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:07 am

For those who have forgotten, Mr. Trudeau absolutely fawned over Fidel Castro when Fidel passed away. He's literally a Fidel Castro fanboy.

That says all we need to know about Trudeau.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 am

I hope he loses the election in October, but not for the black face alone.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:00 am

His approval percentage has been hanging around 40 percent for many months. I'm not familiar enough with Canadian politics, though, to know how that compares to the norm.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:12 am

Prime Minister is based on party in control or allied with. Not a direct election.

If Tories pick up a few seats then he is gone.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:18 am

Trudeau led the Liberals in the general election of 2015. At dissolution, the Liberals were in third place in the Commons, behind the Conservative Party, which held a majority government, and the New Democratic Party, which formed the Official Opposition. Trudeau led the Liberals to a majority government, defeating both the Conservatives led by Stephen Harper and the New Democrats led by Thomas Mulcair. Trudeau's government was sworn in on November 4, 2015.
This would be like having Mitch McConnell or Nancy Pelosi for President. :barf

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:25 am
The voters can deal with this on next election. Oh, and TT let us know how you feel.
I already weighed in on this one on page 1 of this thread. The fifth post.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:58 am

I try to be reserved in my personal comments about Trudeau out of respect for one of his close family members who posts on this board.
I might be related to 50% of French Canada. I don't think 9th cousin is that close.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Canada's next Prime Minister...Conservative Canadian/American.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:52 pm

I watched Jagmeet Singh one on one on the CBC The National last night. Seems likeable. Looking at the polls I'm not sure the NDP will fare well.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:23 pm

NDP = New Dope Party
He advocates raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, decriminalizing personal possession of all drugs, and supports eliminating several tax deductions available to the highest-income earners

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic