Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit rapper and comedian tries to cash in on UAW strike

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mr.Transistor

Re: Detroit rapper and comedian tries to cash in on UAW strike

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am

Give me a break with the drama..... so overworked, like a slave. Labor unions have been good to a certain extent ( paid holidays, paid OT, benefits) but cut the crap like they are so underpaid. Try working as a teacher (part of the MEA), working without a contract and your salary keeps getting cut down to what it was 10years ago. I have no sympathy for those guys. I'm sure management needs to come with a better offer but spare me the crap.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 am

Unions have their ups and downs, but pay is only one issue. Contracts cover many other aspects, such as benefits, vacation, personal time, breaks, safety, shift turnaround, grievance policy and other things outside the realm of monetary compensation. Granted, I haven't read enough on the current GM/UAW negotiations to know who wants what in a new contract, suffice to say that media reports tend to focus on paychecks as the central issue. Pay is an important component of a contract, but it's not the only component.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

jsf

Post by jsf » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Look at the UAW under FBI investigation, must be a reason that union ranks have been going down for many years.The auto workers make out pretty good as a whole.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:51 am

Just about anyone can call themselves a rapper or a comedian nowadays. Most comedians are painfully unfunny and most rappers are carbon copies of each other- all untalented spoken word "artists" with an over reliance on digital voice enhancements and shortage of intelligent lines.
Nothing comedic or deep about this trite either.
Yawn.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:11 am

is this song (I feel guilty even calling this pile of crap a "song") an example of the "Urban Alternative" format some kale & avocado loving, dirty laundry wearing, androgynous hipsters are trying to foist onto FM radio?
GmacCash used to work for Chrysler, he said, but is not currently an automotive industry employee or UAW member.
Maybe he was one of the lunch break dope smokers caught by Fox 2 years ago? :lol:

syntheticexctasy

Post by syntheticexctasy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:02 pm

There are now laws in place to cover exactly what the UAW was created to "fight for".

The UAW is a drain on society.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic