I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Candice Miller

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
Bryce

Candice Miller

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 pm

I have been struggling with my choice for governor in this Tuesday's primary. Problem solved for me. It's a lock that if Schuette wins, he will select Candice Miller as his running mate.

Problem solved. I adore Candice.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Candice Miller

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm

She is a phenomenal public servant. I'd almost prefer for her to stay in her current role, though. She's done a terrific job cleaning up the corrupt drain commissioner's office in Macomb County.

I will be voting for Schuette and John James tomorrow.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm
She is a phenomenal public servant. I'd almost prefer for her to stay in her current role, though. .
Me, I'd prefer Candice to be at the top of the ticket. She should be our next Governor.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:52 am

100% agreed! Was hoping she'd run for Governor eight years ago.

If she ran this time, without hesitation I would've voted for her.

If I had a "do over," I would have voted instead for Bouchard in the primary in 2010.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm

As I've mentioned previously, I'm a local, elected public servant with just a small window of interaction with Macomb County Drain commission. But surely more than the general public.

We are so lucky to have Candice! She has done more to inspect and repair drain outflows to lake St. Clair in 2 years than Anthony "Count Chocula" Marrocco did in 20. Just the inspections have revealed numerous illegal sanitary connections to storm drains.

I too would hate to lose her. But if it was for governor than at least it's for a good cause.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 pm

I would have voted for Candice Miller if she ran for governor surprise she hasn't run for US Senate either I believe she could have won in 14 against Peters just my opinion. Candice would have my vote if she runs statewide ever again.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 pm

MasterB wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 pm
I would have voted for Candice Miller if she ran for governor surprise she hasn't run for US Senate either I believe she could have won in 14 against Peters just my opinion. Candice would have my vote if she runs statewide ever again.
Did it occur to you that she hasn’t because she doesn’t want a bigger office... that’s how someone of her stature ends up as the frighten drain commissioner in BFE suburban edition...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 pm
I have been struggling with my choice for governor in this Tuesday's primary. Problem solved for me. It's a lock that if Schuette wins, he will select Candice Miller as his running mate.

Problem solved. I adore Candice.
Or not...

She likely would have been Calley's running mate.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 am

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am

A win-win, IMO.

Good choice for Schuette, and Ms. Miller continues to serve in her current position where her contributions have been terrific.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 am
Lisa Posthumus Lyons
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... chromepush
So if they lose and she finally goes she’ll be a posthumus loser?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Lisa Posthumus Lyons
He father beat her to that title.

Justice!

Post by Justice! » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm

I'll be the one to rain on the parade here and enjoy doing it. You folks are going to have to contend with all of the following:

Bill Schuette will lose
Candice Miller will lose
John James will lose. By a lot.

Don't like it? DEAL WITH IT!!

WOMP WOMP.

In The Bleachers

Post by In The Bleachers » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Justice! wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm
Bill Schuette will lose
Candice Miller will lose
Miller I don't know. What is she, running for drain commissioner again somewhere north of 8 Mile? Not my neck of the woods.

Now Schuette and James will be interesting. I think these two are either going to win by a landslide, or lose by a landslide.
I honestly can't predict how this "All In With Donald" strategy is going to play out. We still got 3 months before the vote. Who knows what twist and turns this Washington Soap Opera is going to come up with.

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 pm

I don't believe Miller is up for reelection for two more years.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep if the Dems win the two big races.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:03 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 pm
I'm not gonna lose any sleep if the Dems win the two big races.
As long as we don't get "blown away" again. Things are moving along quite nicely in Michigan. Rather not have it change direction completely.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Lisa Posthumus Lyons
He father beat her to that title.
He's a Dick.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Justice! wrote:
I'll be the one to rain on the parade here and enjoy doing it. You folks are going to have to contend with all of the following:

Bill Schuette will lose
Candice Miller will lose

WOMP WOMP.
That was very insightful. I especially enjoyed your use of capital letters. I could envision how hard you pressed those keys. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 pm

chromacolor2 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Justice! wrote:

Bill Schuette will lose
Candice Miller will lose

WOMP WOMP.
That was very insightful. I especially enjoyed your use of capital letters. I could envision how hard you pressed those keys. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.
He’s spot on even if he broke his keyboard in the process...

Not sure about Miller losing... does anybody want to be dog catcher.. ahem... drain commissioner?

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 pm
chromacolor2 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Justice! wrote:

Bill Schuette will lose
Candice Miller will lose

WOMP WOMP.
He’s spot on even if he broke his keyboard in the process...

Not sure about Miller losing... does anybody want to be dog catcher.. ahem... drain commissioner?
Wow

Miller has done more to clean up Lake St Clair in two years than crooked dem Marrocco did in 20 and you belittle her and the importance of her office?

I don't know what that says about you. How many interceptor drains have you ordered inspected to prevent a road collapse? How many illegal sewer connections discharging straight to fresh water have you uncovered? How many multi-million dollar retention basins have you planned?

You denigrate this. Sad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic