Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Blunders Continue.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jry

The Blunders Continue.....

Post by jry » Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 am

Yeah, I've been away for ages. Just too busy. Soon, we'll have some interesting deals to announce. In the meantime....

This morning during the 6 AM on none other than WDIV: We learned that they were still searching for the missing Kay Aker. At least that's what the first on screen graphic said. I didn't know that Kay was missing. Well, in pretty quick order, Kay Aker was corrected to read "kayaker" Oh.... Makes a lot more sense. What's next? The untimely death of Al Cohol? The hit and run death of Ben Dover?

CK-722

Re: The Blunders Continue.....

Post by CK-722 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:44 am

Spell Check programs have become really oppressive with words like this. You have to really be careful before posting with a bunch of judgmental people like on this board, because they'll think you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, even when spell check did it. In another post, they changed Texar to Pixar. Part of the problem is that spell check is increasingly designed to correct the mistakes made on smart phones, used by obsessively texting teenage and 20something young ladies, who constantly text a mile a minute with two thumbs, leading to certain types of errors. Some have suggested it be renamed "Spell Chick" for that reason.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 am

CK-722 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:44 am
Spell Check programs have become really oppressive with words like this. You have to really be careful before posting with a bunch of judgmental people like on this board, because they'll think you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, even when spell check did it. In another post, they changed Texar to Pixar. Part of the problem is that spell check is increasingly designed to correct the mistakes made on smart phones, used by obsessively texting teenage and 20something young ladies, who constantly text a mile a minute with two thumbs, leading to certain types of errors. Some have suggested it be renamed "Spell Chick" for that reason.
Another part of the problem is that most don't appear have a clue that on every forum, like this one, Facebook and others, there is an Edit function. You don't have to post three "oops, damn autocorrect- I meant ..." followups. You can just go back, EDIT and FIX them. Amazing. You can also, before hitting "send," use that Backspace key and correct things, too. Amazing.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 am

jry wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 am
Yeah, I've been away for ages. Just too busy. Soon, we'll have some interesting deals to announce. In the meantime....

This morning during the 6 AM on none other than WDIV: We learned that they were still searching for the missing Kay Aker. At least that's what the first on screen graphic said. I didn't know that Kay was missing. Well, in pretty quick order, Kay Aker was corrected to read "kayaker" Oh.... Makes a lot more sense. What's next? The untimely death of Al Cohol? The hit and run death of Ben Dover?
Hi, jry. Good to see you back. I was wondering where you've been. Have you had a chance to catch up on all the stupidity happening on this board? Pour a nice cup of coffee, scroll back a couple months, and enjoy!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:26 am

As long as Cowboy Brady isn't reported dead .... You get what you pay for,and these stations' anchors reflect their penurious pay .

jry

Post by jry » Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 pm

[quote="Mega Hertz" post_id=573643 time=1558710877 user_id=9693]
[quote=jry post_id=573630 time=1558708737 user_id=98]

[/quote]

Hi, jry. Good to see you back. I was wondering where you've been. Have you had a chance to catch up on all the stupidity happening on this board? Pour a nice cup of coffee, scroll back a couple months, and enjoy!
[/quote]

Thanks! I plan on doing just that. Life has been busy.

jry

Post by jry » Wed May 29, 2019 2:26 pm

[quote=lovinlife101 post_id=573680 time=1558720323 user_id=9159]
They have one job: accuracy.

They can’t even do that.

Btw, black an gus are still missing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=anKhwRz31lQ
[/quote]

Wait!! I thought that Black An Gus was a Blues Singer. Back in the day, he teamed up with Blind Melon Chitlin'.

Daypart

Post by Daypart » Wed May 29, 2019 2:33 pm

I thought Colonel An Gus was the Blues Singer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic