Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Duggan files for divorce

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Mike Duggan files for divorce

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 05, 2019 8:34 am

Charlie LeDuff is still doing some compelling stuff for Deadline Detroit. He's probably not even getting paid for his work - or is getting paid very little - yet he puts out better stuff on local government corruption more often than any of the mainstream media outlets around these parts.

It should come as no surprise that I agree with you 100%, TaterSalad. Not is only the investigative journalism in this market - especially on the TV side - absolutely pathetic these days, but there is also pathetically little reporting of the goings-on in Lansing.

I will say The Detroit News still turns out decent investigative pieces once in a while.

You won't see 2, 4 or 7 do more than scratch the surface of what's happening with District Detroit. They're afraid of offending the wrong people. All three stations are nothing more than whores.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:38 am

I like LeDuff, Probably the only reporter that I have respect for, That’s a fair and balanced reporter.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Maybe I'll ask "Help Me Hank" to help me find out how corrupt the mayor really is.
We can back door our way in to investigative journalism.
:rollin

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Interesting that at 4:33 PM, Sunday afternoon, neither the Freep or News website had this story.

Ken Holland leaving for Canada must have more intrigue as a lead story.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue May 07, 2019 5:39 am

Time will tell but the glass house of Duggan apparently will break soon enough.

The divorce request to “let us have our privacy” is earned, but not sure whether Mike gets to have that yet.

He’s done good things..... and personally bad things.

Wasn’t it his wife that filed or did I miss that one?

It begs the question..... “what will it take to have honest politics in the CoD once again?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 am

Duggan sort of got caught with his pants down. :rollin

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 07, 2019 8:16 am

It would seem Robert Carmack isn't the loon everyone thought he was.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue May 07, 2019 8:26 am

Maybe, maybe not......

Time will tell and the process of him proving to *not* be a loon will also pan out in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:32 pm

No surprise here.

The local stations, which are all Sparty biased, refused to uncover the immoral activities of Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio, in the MSU sex scandal. They wouldn’t even cover what the former MSU basketball players said, at the trial.

This is why Detroit TV is a joke.

“Fox 2 News, Working For You”

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Personally, I don't care about the Mayor's personal life. But, Duggan has gotten more done for the city than any other politician has done in my lifetime. And, I have been following Detroit politics for nearly 50 years. His time in office is far from perfect, but look back with what he had to work with.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Someone I know at DMC, who worked with him a lot, told me Duggan is slimy enough to get things done.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed May 08, 2019 8:51 pm

JGP1954 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Personally, I don't care about the Mayor's personal life. But, Duggan has gotten more done for the city than any other politician has done in my lifetime. And, I have been following Detroit politics for nearly 50 years. His time in office is far from perfect, but look back with what he had to work with.
Precisely. It wouldn't take much to put all of that good work in reverse. Be careful what you wish for.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:36 am

What good work? He’s a crook.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 am

Wasn’t it his wife that filed or did I miss that one?
Yes, it was.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu May 09, 2019 9:05 am

I thought Archer made some good attempts. However, many residents didnt care for him because he was liked in the suburbs. After years of anti-suburban hostility and division, the city needed that. Coleman Young is still beloved by old-timers and he really had the us vs them mentality.
A lot of them still support Kwame. You want to talk about a crook? They hated Bing because he was trying to uniin bust and eliminate city positions. Because he understood that you couldnt have staffing levels a 1-million-person city when the population had shrunk to half that size.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic