Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will Trump Close The Mexican Border ?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14935

Re: Will Trump Close The Mexican Border ?

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:25 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:16 pm
Which is exactly why he won’t shut it down.

BTW - when Trump voters go for a tat - I understand they want to capture the essence of their draft dodgin’ cowardly hero - so a big yellow streak down the middle of their backs is quite popular.
Obama and Clinton both were never in the military either, So if you want to talk coward let’s talk coward.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Nope, Steve. Tick off too many Americans. As when the airlines were hit during the government shutdown. Within hours Trump finally ended it.

Right now he has no idea how massive the number of people who will feel an auto industry back up.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Stevie Stevie. They weren’t draft dodgers, buddy. Trump had FIVE times with his tender feet ducking Uncle Sam’s call. Ever wonder if the five young men who went in his place - came back? One thing’s certain. Trump doesn’t give a f - - - about ‘em.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm
Nope. Tick off too many Americans. As when the airlines were hit during the government shutdown. Within hours he finally ended it. Right now he has no idea how massive the number of people who will feel an auto industry hault.
From Trump's Grand Rapids appearance last week:

"And if they don't and I'm telling you right now we will close the damn border. [Audience chants USA] And I don't know if you know it or not Michigan but Mexico took about 30 percent of your car business. Not when I was here. When I'm here they are not. It's going the other way. 30 percent and if we close the border that means we are not taking those cars into our country and what does that mean? That means you are going to make more cars right here in the good old USA. That's what it means. Right? Very simple."

Yup, very simple if you ignore that a domestically manufactured car has an average of 16% of parts made in Mexico (see previous link from Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor). It would takes months, if not longer or ever, to replace that content domestically. Nothing will go out the door until then unless of course the companies and their workers go back to loading up the cars with lunch-bucket chicken bones and empty beer cans like in the 70's.

Like I said earier, it's your funeral...

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:08 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:38 pm
Stevie Stevie. They weren’t draft dodgers, buddy. Trump had FIVE times with his tender feet ducking Uncle Sam’s call. Ever wonder if the five young men who went in his place - came back? One thing’s certain. Trump doesn’t give a f - - - about ‘em.
This is true, But Obama and Clinton could have served their country, But they didn’t so as far as I’m concerned Trump, Obama and Clinton didn’t serve their country and are all equal. Plain and simple.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 pm
screen glare wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm
Nope. Tick off too many Americans. As when the airlines were hit during the government shutdown. Within hours he finally ended it. Right now he has no idea how massive the number of people who will feel an auto industry hault.
From Trump's Grand Rapids appearance last week:

"And if they don't and I'm telling you right now we will close the damn border. [Audience chants USA] And I don't know if you know it or not Michigan but Mexico took about 30 percent of your car business. Not when I was here. When I'm here they are not. It's going the other way. 30 percent and if we close the border that means we are not taking those cars into our country and what does that mean? That means you are going to make more cars right here in the good old USA. That's what it means. Right? Very simple."

Yup, very simple if you ignore that a domestically manufactured car has an average of 16% of parts made in Mexico (see previous link from Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor). It would takes months, if not longer or ever, to replace that content domestically. Nothing will go out the door until then unless of course the companies and their workers go back to loading up the cars with lunch-bucket chicken bones and empty beer cans like in the 70's.

Like I said earier, it's your funeral...
And that’s just for starters.... he’d have to resign after maybe a week of having it shut down... he’s just showing off for the base.. keeps the simpletons hooked...

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:34 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:08 pm
This is true, But Obama and Clinton could have served their country, But they didn’t so as far as I’m concerned Trump, Obama and Clinton didn’t serve their country and are all equal. Plain and simple.
So a guy who actively and knowingly dodged the draft for Vietnam with horseshit "bone spurs" is no different than the other two. Interesting justification.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm

Three people no military service all equally did not serve their country, It’s all simple math. The specifics are really non important.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:30 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:56 pm
Kudos to the avocado lobby for getting out ahead of the news cycle. I saw four avocado stories yesterday.
Trump doesn't dare go against the avocado lobby.
Avocado is really trendy these days with the middle class types. Right up there with the sandals with no socks, the plaid shorts and the brand name sunglasses on top of the head.
Trump voters all the way.
Actually, that describes the Bernie crowd to a tee. The whackjobs that get his face tattooed on their arm...
So Bernie has the middle class vote all sewn up?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:57 pm

Specifics sure were important when everyone was talking about birth certificates and college transcripts. Glad to know that they don't matter anymore. One less thing to worry about.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Typical liberal.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Keep twisting yourself into a pretzel because you don't want to admit you fell for a carnival barker. Keep telling yourself liars are OK now. Keep telling yourself that a draft dodger is no different than someone who didn't serve.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 pm

The gospel according to Motown 322.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm

If there’s no draft to dodge - then you can’t be a draft dodger.

If there’s a volunteer military (no draft) and you do not volunteer - you are not a draft dodger.

If there is a draft - and your number comes up five times - and each time your rich Daddy pays a doctor to diagnose you with service disqualifying bone spurs - you’re a sniveling coward.

Understand, Steve?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:42 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:17 pm
Typical liberal.
Nah... you lose this one I’m afraid. Trump is the textbook definition of a coward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic