Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 FAKE WHEELS is out of touch with its audience (shocking, I know)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
rocktoast

Re: 106.7 FAKE WHEELS is out of touch with its audience (shocking, I know)

Post by rocktoast » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:55 pm
What sucks about FAKE WHEELS is 101 WRIF has now inserted a bunch of butt rock it had jettisoned back into rotation.

I'm talking Whitesnake, Black Crowes, more Motley Crue, Skid Row, etc.

BARF!!!

Music wise, 101 WRIF was starting to sound damn good. It's unfortunate to see them regress like this. Hardly anyone under the age of 50 gives two shits about the bands I named above, with the possible exception of the Crue.
I wish WLLZ was a classic metal station. Like they used to be in the early 80's

rocktoast

Post by rocktoast » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
What sucks about FAKE WHEELS is 101 WRIF has now inserted a bunch of butt rock it had jettisoned back into rotation.

BARF!!!

Music wise, 101 WRIF was starting to sound damn good. It's unfortunate to see them regress like this. Hardly anyone under the age of 50 gives two shits about the bands I named above, with the possible exception of the Crue.

rocktoast

Post by rocktoast » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:08 pm

sorry for posting twice New to doing this.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:10 pm

rocktoast wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:06 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

BARF!!!

They never were a “Classic Metal Station” they were Album Rock Or Active Rock but not Metal.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes, I'm sure about that, stopnswop.

WRIF has increased rotations for 80s butt rock (and 90s rock, too) and has scaled back spins for currents and recurrents over the past few weeks.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Dont know if this has been posted as of yet.....but seeing that so many listeners calling for a more deeper playlist on FB. Everyday at 4:20 aft drive with the Doc they will have "the Doc'"s Deep Cut of the Day".

That's the best your going to get folks for your deep cuts.This is corp. radio and a classic rock format not Active Rock as the old Wheelz was or AOR.

Seems everyone is adjusting the playlist even 89X heard Rusty Cage by Soundgarden a few days ago.

Looks like the stations are waiting for that 1st solid book to see what impact the new Wheelz will have.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I predict not that great of a ratings success, No one has to fear this cheap reproduction or WLLZ, It’s like when your Wife buys a knock off Michael Kors purse from China for $50. Instead of paying $400.for the real thing. Of course my Wife buys the real thing.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Steve....i dont think they are fearful but dont want to get caught with there pants down like W4,ABX,Riff were back in 1980..lol.

I will say this....when I do punch to FM off SXM ,106.7 Wheelz playlist keeps me longer than CSX or Riff.I do appreciate their efforts.

I said before a 2.8 prediction better then Alt's last 1.5 and greater then 106.7the D;s best of 2.5.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:20 pm

One positive thing comes out of this and that is the competition factor, Now all the Rock Stations are starting to change playlist for better or for worse and only time will tell who wins and who loses.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:29 pm

As imperfect and flawed as FAKE WHEELS 106.7 is, I must acknowledge it *still* is an upgrade from the god-awful Fault 106.7.

I love all the dopey listeners who are stating how happy they are to have the station back. LMAO. It's not even on the same frequency, iHeart has no relation whatsoever to the companies who owned the *real* WLLZ, and a grand total of one (!!!) on-air personality heard on 106.7 today actually worked at the original WLLZ.

Both WRIF and WCSX have changed their respective playlists for the worse since 106.7 signed on - added doses of 80's butt rock for in-breeders.

Riff is also playing neo-butt rock from Trapt, Hinder and even Nickelback again. :x

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Give this one a listen online Z-Rock 106.7 Chico, California, Let me know what you think. (zrockfm.com)
Last edited by Deleted User 14935 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrTaterSalad

Post by MrTaterSalad » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:56 pm

Can someone explain to me, beyond it being just a corporate decision at the time, why IHeart is willing to bring back a heritage brand in WLLZ that wasn't on 106.7 to begin with. Yet, when Clear Channel had the chance, they refused to do the right/smart thing and bring W4 back to the station it was originally on? They'd rather call a station the Fox over W4 Country I guess, but have no problem being a knock-off of a station that was originally on a channel up the dial.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I could be wrong, I think it’s just that Ifart is bringing heritage stations back to certain markets with a carbon copy format such as this station, Which is heard in other markets.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 am

I think iFart realized Classic Rock earned the most consistent & best ratings of anything tried on that signal over the past decade, saw Alt 106.7's terrible ratings, saw WCSX's astronomically high numbers, and decided to go back to Classic Rock.

I think they also did a post mortem as to The D's erosion in ratings during its final year or two as a Classic Rock station and determined (correctly) that the stationality this time needed to have much more local flavor.

By picking up the WLLZ call letters and "Wheels" brand name, iFart also takes an option off the table for Entercom should 98.7 The Breeze ultimately prove unsuccessful.

By the way, we often chastise Clear Channel / iFart for whiffing on All Sports when the WDFN intellectual property still possessed considerable inherent value.

However, I think Clear Channel / iFart should also be chastised - albeit not quite to the same degree - for allowing WRIF to scoop up Dave & Chuck in 2012 (they didn't move to WRIF until 2013 but the deal was actually made in 2012). 106.7 as a Rock station could've become a major ratings force had Clear Channel been smart enough to beat Greater Media to the punch.

As for 106.7 rating predictions - I think low to mid 3's are doable. That in & of itself is a major improvement from what Alt 106.7 did. Alt 106.7 sold extremely few local spots, and I suspect the few local spots we did hear were mostly value oriented add-ins for buys made on other iHeart stations. I'm already hearing more local advertising on Fake Wheels than I ever heard on Alt 106.7.

Over the long-term, 106.7 is probably going to have to do something more interesting in mornings. Bill McAllister flying solo and front-selling & back-selling music is not at all a compelling listen. Let him do some phoners.

My guess is Trudi Daniels will eventually be paired with McAllister, and we'll see no talent hack Casey K. relocated from evenings to middays.

Deleted User 8422

Post by Deleted User 8422 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:20 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:20 pm
zeplepplin wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:46 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:15 pm
zeplepplin wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:36 pm
maybe they will dig up bob bauer and ken kalvert and a few other long dead jocks
Ken Calvert is NOT dead.
maybe he'll fall off a ladder and actually break his neck
Be careful what you wish for karmas a bitch, You must be a Millennial or a Gen Z.
Karma WILL catch up with the pud and kalvert. they are not what you hear coming out of a speaker. true llzholes in real life to those that actually know them

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic