Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting The Hell Out Of Saginaw, Bay City And Flint

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: Getting The Hell Out Of Saginaw, Bay City And Flint

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:53 pm

Rather my point was the deep south has done nothing to address the problem. Almost every state with the exception of a few like Arkansas have dug in to solve the problem.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:53 pm
Rather my point was the deep south has done nothing to address the problem. Almost every state with the exception of a few like Arkansas have dug in to solve the problem.
Then why the need to bring Trump and racism up while making your point?

I understand, you just can't help yourself. TDS.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 am

SPLC, and hundreds of fake hate crimes without serious retractions ever being issued, heavily influence people like TC Talks. SPLC targets Clergy, and quasi clergy social agency directors like TC Talks, with up to 250 flyers a year, depending on the level of influence. I know. My Pastor puts them in my mailbox as a practical joke, as he attempts to clear them from his condo where they stack up every few days. In reality, there are very few racial attacks perpetrated by White so called hate groups. They know better than to do these things. Deep down, the better educated clergy know that SPLC and other groups are just fundraising frauds. Morris Dees and Richard Cohen have resigned in the last day or so from SPLC amid these allegations. So of course, the "South" and rural areas are just assumed to be racists and perpetrators of hate crimes. In reality, they are too busy with their REAL lives to participate in these nonsense events. And their valid claims are shouted down by Leftist bullies when they try to expose these frauds.

These are single County populations that are being shown to have declined. If you put the pen out another six to twelve miles or so, you'd see that this is where the "racist pigs" have gone, for the most part. Areas like the City of Detroit are mixed in with Suburban Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb Counties, so they appear to not have declined, still being in the Metropolitan Pen. I will be very suspicious of census gerrymandering next year, especially if Detroit shows an mysterious and truthfully unexplainable increase in population. Ollie miscalcluated, and the SJW types deliberately gerrymander, to suit their own needs.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 am

I'm gonna drag this further off-topic and say that Trump's stance on transgender people is garbage.

That said, while the opioid crisis is everywhere, it does seem to be hitting hardest in the mid-south region and along the east coast.

I would like to see research done on the impact of legal weed as an influencer of addiction to other drugs.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 am
I'm gonna drag this further off-topic and say that Trump's stance on transgender people is garbage.

That said, while the opioid crisis is everywhere, it does seem to be hitting hardest in the mid-south region and along the east coast.

I would like to see research done on the impact of legal weed as an influencer of addiction to other drugs.
I would love to see research done on the number of opioid addicts who's addiction began with a prescription.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 am
SPLC, and hundreds of fake hate crimes without serious retractions ever being issued, heavily influence people like TC Talks. SPLC targets Clergy, and quasi clergy social agency directors like TC Talks, with up to 250 flyers a year, depending on the level of influence. I know. My Pastor puts them in my mailbox as a practical joke, as he attempts to clear them from his condo where they stack up every few days. In reality, there are very few racial attacks perpetrated by White so called hate groups. They know better than to do these things. Deep down, the better educated clergy know that SPLC and other groups are just fundraising frauds. Morris Dees and Richard Cohen have resigned in the last day or so from SPLC amid these allegations. So of course, the "South" and rural areas are just assumed to be racists and perpetrators of hate crimes. In reality, they are too busy with their REAL lives to participate in these nonsense events. And their valid claims are shouted down by Leftist bullies when they try to expose these frauds.

These are single County populations that are being shown to have declined. If you put the pen out another six to twelve miles or so, you'd see that this is where the "racist pigs" have gone, for the most part. Areas like the City of Detroit are mixed in with Suburban Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb Counties, so they appear to not have declined, still being in the Metropolitan Pen. I will be very suspicious of census gerrymandering next year, especially if Detroit shows an mysterious and truthfully unexplainable increase in population. Ollie miscalcluated, and the SJW types deliberately gerrymander, to suit their own needs.
So census gerrymandering by Trumps census bureau?

Detroit’s population loss has been slowing and it’ll probably start to increase slightly in the near future.... it’s gentrification at work... nothing exciting... As a matter of fact yearly estimates for each city are given to adjust for population, a regional estimate includes... well... the entire region. The entire region and state have been slowly declining. Nobody is rigging anything in his grand hyper-ventilating Liberal victimization of the right conspiracy. Get some actual ideas instead of being victims if you don’t mind. Radical idea I know.

Conservatism is reduced to the art of how bad you’ve been wronged by whoever the boogeyman of the day is... oh and tax cuts.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:55 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 am

I would love to see research done on the number of opioid addicts who's addiction began with a prescription.
No such study was even done.
This is complete bullocks

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:57 am

The Opioid Crisis is a fabrication.

Legit chronic pain patients like myself put a burden on the country.
We are "expendable".
They want us to kill ourselves

Music is my life.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:57 am
The Opioid Crisis is a fabrication.

How can you say that?

In 2017 Michigan recorded 1947 opioid-related deaths. 32 % higher than the year 2015.

That's over 900 more deaths caused by opiods than were killed in traffic accidents that year.

Kinda sounds like a crisis to me.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:58 am

60 minutes had good discussion of the matter. Watch under CBSN on Roku.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 am

I was just at a Pain Management Continuing Education Seminar last week. They showed a study about using Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen together, being as good as opioids for pain. And close to zero addiction potential. So if you are in pain, as some who post here are, you may want to try this combination, subject to bleeding and liver toxicity warnings.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/is-it-safe- ... ibuprofen/

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm

My wife got in a very heated argument with an oral surgeon over their use of opioids. They were all set to administer opioids without any discussion. When the topic of addiction was raised they looked at her like they had no idea what she was talking about. There's a H*** lapse between certain healthcare providers and the public that probably won't be addressed until someone goes to prison for over-prescribing.

A big kudos to CVS for limiting the number of pills they will issue to three day's worth. You can get a 30-day prescription filled but only 3 days at a time. I have no idea why anyone would write a 30-day prescription to an opioid to someone. Chronic pain should not be managed that carelessly. I've never been placed in that position so I'm not talking from experience but I think our Healthcare System has opened a H*** problem. This is driven largely by insurers trying to save money on more expensive remedies to chronic pain.

― Noam Chomsky

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:07 pm

CK-722 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 am
I was just at a Pain Management Continuing Education Seminar last week. They showed a study about using Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen together, being as good as opioids for pain. And close to zero addiction potential. So if you are in pain, as some who post here are, you may want to try this combination, subject to bleeding and liver toxicity warnings.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/is-it-safe- ... ibuprofen/
I can assure you that does not work for severe pain. At least for me.
I have to take advil with my opioid for pain relief.

Music is my life.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:15 pm

The secret to medication with minimum side effects and addiction potentenial is Titration! Titration! Titration! Since they have gotten away from a lot of Analytical Chemistry in Pre Professional Programs, this principle is lost on a lot of students. Because practitioners are now so under the gun, because they often are now in group practices they don't own, and Insurance, Electronic Records, and Corporatism affect the way they practice, and they just go for the big pain guns with cookbook dosing to save time. And they don't go over true drug "experimentation" in pain management. The types of pain most amenable to OTCs are acute and not chronic and those related to painful procedures like dental procedures. Ideally, they would start with OTCs and titrate the dose, and then and only then try the opioids, and titrate the dose on those. Most doctors and patients are not able or willing to put up with the pain. They are forced to get patients out of their chairs and off tables quickly, and the patients want instant pain relief. Chronic pain is a different animal, and does tend to bring in opioids earlier, in higher dosages, and for longer periods. This is but one analysis as to why so many became addicted.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm
My wife got in a very heated argument with an oral surgeon over their use of opioids. They were all set to administer opioids without any discussion. When the topic of addiction was raised they looked at her like they had no idea what she was talking about. There's a H*** lapse between certain healthcare providers and the public that probably won't be addressed until someone goes to prison for over-prescribing.

A big kudos to CVS for limiting the number of pills they will issue to three day's worth. You can get a 30-day prescription filled but only 3 days at a time. I have no idea why anyone would write a 30-day prescription to an opioid to someone. Chronic pain should not be managed that carelessly. I've never been placed in that position so I'm not talking from experience but I think our Healthcare System has opened a H*** problem. This is driven largely by insurers trying to save money on more expensive remedies to chronic pain.
If you were in my body, I dare you to try and be able to drive to the pharmacy every 3 days to pick up the medicine that allows you to function normally.

Then you can talk

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic