Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 FAKE WHEELS is out of touch with its audience (shocking, I know)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Realist

Re: 106.7 FAKE WHEELS is out of touch with its audience (shocking, I know)

Post by Realist » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Saw Jeff Dunham at LCA a few weeks back who put it in perspective. He says if he jokes about one side, he then jokes about the other. He added that most people have his opinion on performers: we don’t care about your political opinions so just shut up and perform

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Jeff Dunham is to comedy what Gabourey Sidibe is to beauty .

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:57 pm

I like his puppets.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Isn't anyone on this board going to start thinking critically and leave their lil plastic bubble of fabrication?

The Political parties are in place to divide the nation.
"Divide and Conquer"...
Stop letting them win.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:57 pm
I like his puppets.
I actually find them completely boring and weird lol.
My ex best friend used to sit me down and watch him on YouTube and he would be laughing like a maniac, and I would just sit there and be like "Let's watch MadTV skits".

Now MadTV.
That was funny !
:rollin

Always preferred it over SNL.

Wish it didn't go off the air.
They did bring it back but with a new cast. It was not funny. I believe that goy cancelled shortly in

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Mad TV ruled much better than SNL, But the first 10 years of SNL were the best after that it became a tune out factor.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm sorry, but folks really need to stop being overgrown children. Check this out.

Sammy Hagar is one of my top classic artists, and I am seeing him on May 22. I know that Sammy is a conservative. But when I'm playing Montrose or Three Lock Box or 5150 or Humans Being, it's not about his political beliefs. It's about his music. Same goes with Ted. Now, knowing that I'm gonna probably hear that at his concert, I will simply not go. It's really not that hard. He does his thing and I do mine. But, no...the WORLD must know how against Ted I am! And I must exaggerate disgusting things I'd rather do to myself than hear his political rants. But that would be too easy. Then I wouldn't have anything to complain about, would I? And besides, I feel the need to passive aggressively start slinging shit on the internet today. Because everybody knows my opinion is right and yours is wrong, and I have a ton of names to call you should you dare disagree with me.

And frankly, if celebrities (that you disagree with) need to keep their opinions to themselves, then you need to stick to them trash cans or mopping and not talk politics, either.

That said, I think a spin of Double Live Gonzo is in order.
Last edited by Mega Hertz on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Stranglehold was a great tune.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:34 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:23 pm
szmigiel, big difference between us talking politics on a message board and celebrities talking politics at concerts, on talk shows, etc, etc and trying to make the public think that their opinion is any better than ours.
I think it is the same reason it is brought up in threads here that have nothing to do with politics. It is ego and people believing they have the superior opinion.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 pm

I agree some fell that way, but there is a core that enjoys the back and forth.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:08 pm

Sammy isnt really conservative. He endorsed one or 2 conservative candidates or maybe played for one but got stuck with a label he didnt agree with. He has expressed regret for it. I dont care. He doesnt flaunt it too much and seems like a cool guy.
James Hetfield is the same way. He tries to avoid the devisiveness of pushing politics. And thats part of his coolness. Seems like a guy that anyone could talk to.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:57 pm
I like his puppets.
You should change your signature.
WNIC dropped it's "Nicest Rock" in 2010

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:45 am

That’s what people remember WNIC for, Detroit’s Soft Rock Favorites, And to be honest it’s not even Soft Rock and neither is The Breeze 98.7 Soft Rock It’s A/C, Soft Rock does not include Whitney Houston, Adele, Lady Gaga and so on. Most of the stuff played on either station Doesn’t even come close to Rock it’s all a fancy label. True Soft Rock consists of Rock Artists like Elton, Billy Joel, Eagles and so on and does not really exists today as Soft Rock but is more of a Classic Rock category currently.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:46 am

Happy 72nd birthday, Sir Elton John,one of my favourite Reggies (he was born Reginald K. Dwight Mar.25,1947 ) along with the Reggie Jacksons (though I was a MUCH bigger "Mr. October" fan than one of the Pistons' point guard),Reggie Mantle of the Archie Comics, and Reginald Von Gleason of the "Jackie Gleason Show." (I AM 65,after all.)

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:41 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:45 am
That’s what people remember WNIC for, Detroit’s Soft Rock Favorites, And to be honest it’s not even Soft Rock and neither is The Breeze 98.7 Soft Rock It’s A/C, Soft Rock does not include Whitney Houston, Adele, Lady Gaga and so on. Most of the stuff played on either station Doesn’t even come close to Rock it’s all a fancy label. True Soft Rock consists of Rock Artists like Elton, Billy Joel, Eagles and so on and does not really exists today as Soft Rock but is more of a Classic Rock category currently.
That is why they dropped the "NICest Rock" and "Your Variety Station" brandings in 2010 and say "80s till now", and also changed the logo to that stupid orange pos, so people can know they play garbage now.

I bet Gary Berkowitz is responsible for what that wonderful station has turned into.

I am completely baffled at how well the ratings are.
My only guess is that businesses just go to it out of habit and don't even pay attention to the Lady Gaga nonsense coming through their speakers.

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic