Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 FAKE WHEELS is out of touch with its audience (shocking, I know)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Y M Ionhere

Re: 106.7 FAKE WHEELS is out of touch with its audience (shocking, I know)

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Much as im tired of Bon Jovis songs, hes at least a better singer. Stronger voice, better range.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Not George Cinton either, though he grew up in NJ, not Detroit, as many think. And he wrote all or nearly all of his material.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm

No, The Chairman of the Board, and not General Norman Johnson.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Give me just a Lil more time. 🎶

Music is my life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:14 pm

Frank Sinatra. LOL

I agree with you 100% about Sinatra being overrated as a singer. His vocal range was pretty darn limited. And he primarily sang other people's songs.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 pm

THE DIXIE CHICKS also shot themselves in the foot when they doubled down on their politics. They could have parlayed their cover song "Landslide" into a much bigger career. They were only half of what they could have been without blowing up the Toby Keith feud. They just couldn't let it go, and it ruined them, because they were locked into half of what they could have been.

From the standpoint of career success, Ted Nugent should have JUST SHUT UP.

He could have QUIETLY advocated the 2nd Amendment and other Constitutional issues, and not lost so much of what he had.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:26 pm
They should just to a showtunes format
This would be good for a start. Jersey Boys Along with Motown The Musical original recordings. My kind of show tunes. Other than The Music Man. Originals Of Show Tunes That Appeal To Men!

https://www.ebay.com/i/323521495916?chn=ps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitsville ... _1959–1971

Wow! Sealed 25th Anniversary Edition is pretty expensive, second only to "The Beatles vs. The Four Seasons"

https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Vs-Four- ... B000LZE1RW

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:00 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:37 pm
Now if they would just have the same animosity toward John Cougar Mellencamp's and Bruce Springsteen's LEFTIST Diatribes, I'd say it was even. They should ALL JUST SHUT UP ABOUT POLITICS that will offend half their potential fans. I give Bob Seger a lot of credit for KEEPING HIS MOUTH SHUT ABOUT POLITICS.
Shouldn’t we all have thicker skin than to base our purchasing decisions on the PERSONAL feelings (like assholes everybody has them) of the artists?

Does it really matter one bit what they think of anything if at the end of the day the music sounds good?

If you had a plumber who did the best job ever for you and was a communist would you never call him back again and settle for a subpar guy you agree with?

When I hear “I’m never listening to him again!” In response to some who cares opinion the celebrity had about something they can’t control anyway my automatic thought about the person making this boycott decision is essentially “I’m never thinking of you as an adult again!”... some people never stop being 12 I guess...

It like when the Dixie Chicks did their anti-Bush thing and all the country fans stopped liking them... gee... the songs were still exactly the same and they liked them fine before... why let some stupid opinion change that?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:55 am

Because people crave drama.
That is a fact.

Music is my life.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:25 pm
Get real? I think the commenters are on point!

To 106.7's credit, the comments were left intact.
1) Ted's show @ Pine Know appears to be selling briskly. https://www1.ticketmaster.com/ted-nugen ... 70BB8A2606

2) The fact that you're admin here, dealing with "cowboys" and other multiple account owners and believe that the the comments at WLLZ were anything beyond one or two trolls gives me pause.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:45 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 pm
THE DIXIE CHICKS also shot themselves in the foot when they doubled down on their politics. They could have parlayed their cover song "Landslide" into a much bigger career. They were only half of what they could have been without blowing up the Toby Keith feud. They just couldn't let it go, and it ruined them, because they were locked into half of what they could have been.

From the standpoint of career success, Ted Nugent should have JUST SHUT UP.

He could have QUIETLY advocated the 2nd Amendment and other Constitutional issues, and not lost so much of what he had.
I would have like to have seem more out of the Dixie Chicks. Natalie has an astonishing voice; compare her version of Landslide to the braying goat.

Regarding Nugent though, the guy gigs as much as he wants and pulls down decent ticket prices. Remember, his 6,000 show ? That was 2012, and he's still touring.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 am

The fact that you're admin here, dealing with "cowboys" and other multiple account owners and believe that the the comments at WLLZ were anything beyond one or two trolls gives me pause.
You actually think 1 or 2 people set up 20+ different Facebook accounts each for the sole purpose of trolling a Ted Nugent ticket giveaway being sponsored by ONE radio station?

That gives *me* pause.

He made some very incendiary remarks regarding Michigan recently. Not sure why the backlash is surprising to you.

Also not sure how you've concluded tix are "selling briskly." I see plenty of pavilion sections with "100+" tickets still available. Others have 50 or more available.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:38 am

I'm a big General Norman Johnson fan ; I was just six when his rock anthem,"It Will Stand" charted when he fronted the Showmen, but while with The Chairrmen Of The Board,I was in high school when he had such underrated greats as " Give Me Just A Little More Time,"" If You Dance To The Music (You've Got To Pay To The Piper"),etc.
Also,how 'bout 90-year-old Hall-Of-Fame Yankees southpaw (1950-1953-67,236-106 record) Edward Charles Ford,whose final game was May 21,1967 against the Tigers ? His official nickname is "Whitey," but Yankees catcher Elston Howard dubbed him "The Chairman Of The Board" for his mound guile and easy personality .

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 am
The fact that you're admin here, dealing with "cowboys" and other multiple account owners and believe that the the comments at WLLZ were anything beyond one or two trolls gives me pause.
You actually think 1 or 2 people set up 20+ different Facebook accounts each for the sole purpose of trolling a Ted Nugent ticket giveaway being sponsored by ONE radio station?

That gives *me* pause.

He made some very incendiary remarks regarding Michigan recently. Not sure why the backlash is surprising to you.

Also not sure how you've concluded tix are "selling briskly." I see plenty of pavilion sections with "100+" tickets still available. Others have 50 or more available.
Not likely for that reason but I do think there are multiple account owners and that the place is a little out of control... some of these people seem to be bouncing ideas off themselves... lovinlife101 trolls us all and nothing happens about it... borderboy/cowboy went and responded to himself in a thread 3 or 4 days ago and openly admitted that’s exactly what he did...

You really should consider some moderators or something to clean it up... any other message board on the face of the earth and this stuff would be dealt with swiftly... I love this site but come on...

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:23 am

You folks on here that like to rag on the new Wheels, just because its "playlist" is generated at a corporate level, will be in for a big surprise when 106.7 seriously challenges CSX and The RIFF for a Top 5 showing in the PPMs later this year. CSX is a BORING mix of mediocre jocks and music. The RIFF is nowhere near what it was in its "glory days," and has the most immature morning show in the market. They both SUCK, IMO.

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic