Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Disturbance at Burger King over refund

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 8570

Re: Disturbance at Burger King over refund

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 am
I think the one thing that jumps out at me that I think you and I can agree on is the focus on teaching how to pass tests rather than how to think is a failure.
That goes back to tying money to test score performance which was exactly the point of No Child Left Behind... the problem is that the schools that may need more investment don’t get it because they didn’t do well enough... big flaw in that concept from Bush and Co.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:44 am

Unfortunately the policy has continued into subsequent administrations. No Child Left Behind morphed into Common Core. New name. Same concept. One size fits all.

Standardized testing is a joke. All it does is require students to memorize the answers long enough to pass the test. Teachers have to disrupt the flow of their curriculums to prepare kids for state testing. There's no regard to individual student aptitude or individual teacher performance. Test scores are lumped into a single rating for the entire school and/or district. I have three kids who excel in different areas and need help in other different areas. They are certainly not "standardized".

This is what happens when education becomes a game of Testing for Dollars.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:59 pm

mtburb wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 am
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 158310002/
A customer at a Livonia Burger King has been charged with creating a fuss when she didn't have it her way, police said.

Porsha Tyler went to the restaurant in the 34000 block of Plymouth Road on Jan. 27 to demand a refund for a burger she bought there the night before, investigators said in a statement.

The 34-year-old was reportedly miffed that workers had not served the sandwich without tomato as she requested, according to the release.

The Harper Woods resident was offered a complimentary replacement meal instead, but surveillance cameras captured her creating a disturbance, police said.

She was filmed hurling a cookie display at an employee, which struck her in the arm and shattered, authorities reported.

"Tyler then threw food at the employee and tossed a wet floor sign at the counter before leaving," police said.

Officers arrested Tyler on Monday on an outstanding warrant. She was arraigned the next day at 16th District Court on four misdemeanor counts.

Bond was set at $2,000. A pretrial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. March 26.

Livonia is 970 miles from Niceville.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:18 pm

That’s a long way to go for a Whopper, Hope you got some fries with that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic