Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CK 105.5

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Musicrewired

Re: CK 105.5

Post by Musicrewired » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:54 am

No surprise that no media outlets in Flint and the Tri-Cities reported anything I can find on Mike and Stephanie's exit. I hadn't noticed because I don't listen to CK anyway. Was WNEM still doing morning show cut-ins with them?

Say what you will about whether Mike MacDonald was appropriate for the format - he's a professional broadcaster, knew how radio was supposed to be run, and kept the CK job for well over 10 years. That's not a bad accomplishment.

He can also say he worked at WLS-AM, which would be an achievement in and of itself. That was a fun station to listen to in the Lujack-era 80's.

http://www.wlshistory.com/WLS80/

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 am

Since WNEM seemed to do the radio-schtick with more than one station, I'll assume it had less to do with whether Mike and Stephanie were a good fit for their format, and more to do with their having the jobs at that particular station. Besides, I doubt WNEM has much ground to stand on to determine whether someone is appropriate for air.

"We've upped our standards - now up yours".

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:14 pm

Bert Show launches on March 1st.
BARF.

I guess Cumulus doesn't care if WIOG winds up with as many or more listeners than CK in Genesee County, because that's exactly what's going to happen.

Bert Show has been a ratings catastrophe in the Lansing market.

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:14 pm

It's not surprising to hear that more people listened to 102's morning show than 105.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic