Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Belligerent Freedom of Speech: One of the best things about the USA

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Re: Belligerent Freedom of Speech: One of the best things about the USA

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:55 pm

https://www.newsweek.com/christchurch-a ... ne-1368174

So now 4chan, 8chan, liveleak and zerohedge are all getting blocked by NZ and Australian telecom companies. Private businesses can do what they want but from my experience related to this instance, the New Zealand government is applying pressure to telecoms to get them to block these sites.

Really not understanding the problem in telling NZ LE off at this point.

I guess for me, I just think that this is just a smaller example of the overall problem where there is a lack of backbone shown by digital media firms and it seems to me that it is in the best interest of media to report on things like this. We don't benefit from a sanitized media.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 pm

I was really kind of shocked at how insanely uptight the NZ government was. I'd always assumed it was a more laid back annex of Australia, with sheep.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 pm
I'm not particularly interested in any article from a site that says it's a place for "Autistic Shitposting" and is calling something a "Fucking faggot".

Sorry.

This is not middle school
Aren't you the same guy that defended using the term "retard" across multiple threads? Have you had an awakening?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
I'm not particularly interested in any article from a site that says it's a place for "Autistic Shitposting" and is calling something a "Fucking faggot".

Sorry.

Aren't you the same guy that defended using the term "retard" across multiple threads? Have you had an awakening?
I never called anyone a "RETARD".
Do you even read?

I said pouring ketchup on machines is retarded.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:49 pm
Matt wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:

Sorry.

Do you even read?

Why are you defending yourself for saying retard?

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:22 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Matt wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:

Sorry.

Do you even read?

Is there really a distinction?

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Matt wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:

Sorry.

Do you even read?

Why are you defending yourself for saying retard?
Your answer is found in Rick & Morty S01E09: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBoKxEcVAA

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 am

I guess there's a difference between requesting and demanding. The police request things all the time when they can't legally demand that those things occur. There is no harm in asking.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 am

FET-500 wrote:Way to be a moralfag.... How fucking old are you people?
Old enough to know better. Take your thugishness and bad manners someplace else. As one who believes that free speech is one of the solid tennants of the United States, I would have defended Kiwi Talks position on refusing to turn over info about users, etc. But Bullies like the both of you don’t deserve my time or attention. And thanks for finally forcing me to figure out how to block people on this board.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am

I think tone and using words like "faggot" speak less to his testicular fortitude than his willingness to tell LE trying to flex at him to fuck off, no?
If you wonder why police have little or no respect for the general public, look at this response to what was perhaps an illegal, but still respectful request. Go ahead and keep telling LE to “fuck off”. See where that gets you.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 am
Old enough to know better. Take your thugishness and bad manners someplace else. As one who believes that free speech is one of the solid tennants of the United States, I would have defended Kiwi Talks position on refusing to turn over info about users, etc. But Bullies like the both of you don’t deserve my time or attention. And thanks for finally forcing me to figure out how to block people on this board.
That is funny as shit right there...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Said you to someone who will never see your post...

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 am

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Said you to someone who will never see your post...
Correct... That was for you.

I thought it all so hilarious, I wanted to share. The notion that a proponent of "free speech" is looking to block a poster that they disagree with, in a forum thread regarding freedom of speech AND said person being such a Luddite, was previously incapable is pretty good stuff.

It's a palpable amalgam of ignorance and hypocrisy that must be enjoyed for what it is worth -

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am

Am I being a bit anal thinking if the authorities didn't draw attention to the site by announcing they are trying to shut it down, far fewer people would see the video?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:47 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am
Am I being a bit anal thinking if the authorities didn't draw attention to the site by announcing they are trying to shut it down, far fewer people would see the video?
That works for a lot of things... repeat them endlessly and nobody can calm down or forget about it... the flip side is that everybody runs to it like flies on shit as soon as it’s mentioned because humans are naturally curious things....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic