Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Washington Post Praises Gov. Whitmer's Gas Tax Proposal

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Washington Post Praises Gov. Whitmer's Gas Tax Proposal

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Doing FAR MORE damage to my vehicle than the bad roads is the excessive amounts of salt they've been putting on the roads the past few winters. I'm surprised nobody is questioning whether it is excessive and the environmental impacts not to mention the accelerated rusting of the under-sides of vehicles.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:19 pm
Doing FAR MORE damage to my vehicle than the bad roads is the excessive amounts of salt they've been putting on the roads the past few winters. I'm surprised nobody is questioning whether it is excessive and the environmental impacts not to mention the accelerated rusting of the under-sides of vehicles.
Cars used to rust away in 3-5 years.. the way undercoatings are now the salt is less of a factor. I have heard that Brine (Wisconsin is one State I’ve heard about that uses it extensively) May do far less damage overall and that you need to use less of it to boot...

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Here's a thought... Blame Term limits! for the lack of fixing the problems.
It's so easy to kick the can down the road since the folks in Lansing don't have to run on their record beyond a couple go=rounds.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:11 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:47 pm
Here's a thought... Blame Term limits! for the lack of fixing the problems.
It's so easy to kick the can down the road since the folks in Lansing don't have to run on their record beyond a couple go=rounds.
Term limits have been shown to make things worse not better... all you end up with is a bunch of people with no idea what they are doing and no time to learn it.... experience matters it turns out...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic