Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Daylight Savings Time, Keep it or get rid of it...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 14935

Re: Daylight Savings Time, Keep it or get rid of it...

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Me, I'd prefer DST year round.

SNS2, you have more stuff wrong than any 20 people I know put together. Even House would be challenged.
Thanks for reminding me of my miserable life.
Sigh
Well, Bryce you’re an inspiration, Thank God You’re healthy and the 20 People You know that are healthy as well, Your a lucky man Bryce.
SIGH!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Have the state follow the Central Time Zone.

I love light late into the evening during the summer. It's more useful to me then than an earlier sunrise.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:15 pm

I love light late into the evening during the summer. It's more useful to me then than an earlier sunrise.
I agree, I love to sleep in late that’s what Retirement is all about.

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Around Escanaba, when DST kicks in, high noon can occur as late as 1:58 PM. That's stupid. Put the whole Upper Peninsula back on Central Time, as it used to be.

WLUC-TV6 in Marquette never tape-delayed programming back when Michigan wasn't on DST. When it came to TV listings, we all understood that we were on Central or Eastern time depending on what time of the year it was. It was the same for our relatives in western Indiana.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Bryce wrote:

SNS2, you have more stuff wrong than any 20 people I know put together. Even House would be challenged.
Sigh
Well, Bryce you’re an inspiration, Thank God You’re healthy and the 20 People You know that are healthy as well, Your a lucky man Bryce.
SIGH!
Sorry if I offend, but the numerous maladies listed in various threads leaves me somewhat skeptical that one person suffers from such a variety of ailments.

However, if indeed one person has to deal with all that, I'm truly filled with empathy beyond compare.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Wait until you get my age. I have a condition in my right foot called osteonecrosis. The bones in my foot are rotting like a bad tooth.

In the last few years I've developed an uncontrollable twitch in my face. Both of my rotator cuffs are shot. I'm missing a kidney.
I use hearing aids.

But my eyesight is improving I had to get a weaker prescription for my glasses this year.

The good news, I still have all my teeth and all my hair. The hair is just the wrong colour.

Every year, when the Doc checks me over he says "You're in good shape. Just keep doing what you're doing." He doesn't know what I've been doing.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 pm
He doesn't know what I've been doing.
Or whom? ;)

Im so close to your age, I can smell it.

Flew over you yesterday, did you see me wave?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:33 pm
Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Sigh
SIGH!
Sorry if I offend, but the numerous maladies listed in various threads leaves me somewhat skeptical that one person suffers from such a variety of ailments.

However, if indeed one person has to deal with all that, I'm truly filled with empathy beyond compare.
If you are going to make a half ass apology to me, why not say it to me instead of Radiokev, huh?

But seriously dude, I don't mean to be rude and crabby but I have to deal with all these issues on a daily basis. That alone makes me question why I have not killed myself several times a day. (No joke. I'm tired of suffering)
I don't need to hear remarks like this.
Okay man?

: /

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Sigh
My buddy would say "You have more issues than Time Magazine".

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 am

Bryce was out of line making the comments on someone else’s health issues, Bryce you don’t know that person to make assumptions so shut up, Clearly you were out of line. And I can understand why you have only 20 friends, You seem to be an arrogant individual. Oh! House was an ass that show sucked. Sigh! Good Day!
Last edited by Deleted User 14935 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am

Get rid of this switching back and forth. Keep DST! Personally I can't stand the days when I leave for work it's dark and when I get home it's dark, these are the worst months out of the year.

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:45 am

I'm with most here with stop the switching back/forth, preferably keeping the time at DST.

As far as changing the time...I use atomic clocks so I don't have to concerned about it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Then the state would be follow Atlantic Standard Time. Central you would lose an hour and would have an earlier sunrise time.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 pm
Wait until you get my age. I have a condition in my right foot called osteonecrosis. The bones in my foot are rotting like a bad tooth.

In the last few years I've developed an uncontrollable twitch in my face. Both of my rotator cuffs are shot. I'm missing a kidney.
I use hearing aids.

But my eyesight is improving I had to get a weaker prescription for my glasses this year.

The good news, I still have all my teeth and all my hair. The hair is just the wrong colour.

Every year, when the Doc checks me over he says "You're in good shape. Just keep doing what you're doing." He doesn't know what I've been doing.
Not me, I’m 63 and work out every morning at Planet Fittness with my Wife and go home and chase her around the house all day and every day.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Absolutely roll back both of the extensions that were sold cash-and-carry to the special interest groups.

DST should start the last Sunday in April and end the day before Labor Day (creating a 73-hour weekend)

Or just get rid if it.

Of note is that Michigan is on Double DST. All of Michigan was in the Central Time Zone until 1933.,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic