Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The NEW Detroit Wheels Team...NOW in Spring-Training!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
deadend

Re: The NEW Detroit Wheels Team...NOW in Spring-Training!

Post by deadend » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm

Please...PLEASE tell me you’re kidding when you mention Bill Mcallister. I’m not sure I’ve disliked someone on radio more than that guy

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Whenever I think of the legacy of 98.7 Detroit's Wheels - the first name that pops into my head isn't Jim Johnson or Ken Calvert, it's Bill McAllister!

(Now you know one of the many reasons I'm referring to 106.7 as FAKE WHEELS. LOL)

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm

RayQix wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:44 pm
Much like why we don’t drive Chevettes.....

The newer, more fuel efficient vehicles like corollas or Chevy Cruze have to be able to compete in the current market.

This being said, the v2019 WLLZ is marketed toward the listeners. The 1996 WLLZ faded up against the WRIF of the day.

I’d say if they don’t make a dent, it’ll be surprising. If they listen to the customers, they’ll have a good run.

Again as I mentioned elsewhere ..... FM was “new” 50 years ago.

WRIF was once an untested, unknown brand of a “thing” and now in 2019 we have the current model.

If you have no competitor, you’re either doing something very well, or nobody cares and you’re going broke doing it “just because you like it”

I’d say the competition is good and healthy for Detroit Radio.

In as much as I have satellite in the truck, I don’t have anything but am/fm/cd in my car, which I drive almost daily. I do run YouTube for some tunes (Versus mp3) but otherwise it’s usually the terrestrial radio.

Hopefully they’ll tweak it so it works for all parties involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bad analogy. They just killed off the Cruze. And id love to have a cute, simple Chevette to go along with our Cruze. I wish I bought one when they were still easily available.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Yeah I know was not the best analogy but I speak tech and cars at work and sometimes it works ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tman

Post by Tman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 am

If they can show a ratings gain soon , then you might see justification to bring Drew to the morning chair . That would hurt Wrif and all others . Go Doug go .

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 am

Cool. McAllister is kind of a hipster doofus, but a likable guy overall. He likes those little unknown restaurants, homemade beer, and watching live unknown bands. Being a local guy, it's cool to see/hear him back on the radio.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 am

Hmmm...Maybe, while Bill is on-air one of these mornings, I can have "breakfast" with his wife, Danielle Car?! https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D1A60BD

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:48 am

non-anon bob,if Danielle Car is a buxom blonde,perhaps I can have breakfast with her ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic