Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I hope you all can find new jobs soon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
kager

Re: I hope you all can find new jobs soon

Post by kager » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:14 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:11 pm
https://nbc25news.com/news/offbeat/enti ... -plus-tips

Oh, and if you knew how to spell and use grammar correctly, maybe you could make $5 an hour plus tips!
You're such a cLInt.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:30 pm

L 101 It’s $4. an hour plus tips not $5. an hour already you f’ed up the story with false facts 😝 Great story L 101 for the dumpster 🗑. Ass 🤡.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:51 pm

The ONLY BULLY is YOU, ll101.

"Hope you can all find new jobs".

Then when we defend ourselves against your retarded nonsense, you cry victim.

Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 pm

You started the thread with a snide comment. You are the bully. You will get the cyberbully charge you keep talking about. And you wont have any choice but to talk and answer directly to the cops you hate so much. This will be worth watching.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 pm

As much as I'm not particularly onboard with l101's methodology, this is a legit subject for a thread.

It's definitely not acceptable* for a employer to overnight slash wages and replace the structure with some scheme that results in a significant reduction in pay to employees. Defenders might cite laws that require 'tips in lieu of minimum wages" shortfall make-up's but there are plenty of ways around that.

* Unless acceptable business practices mean a total walkout and loss of your workforce and within 48 hours of implementation, having your franchise agreement dissolved by the issuing corporation.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:40 am

I know this is a serious topic, but LL101 had to start by insulting the entire site.
That sort of took away from the subject...

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:41 am

If it wants to have a serious discussion, it needs to learn proper communication skills and etiquette first.

Music is my life.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:54 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:40 am
I know this is a serious topic, but LL101 had to start by insulting the entire site.
I don't disagree.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:01 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:44 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:40 am
Those insulted are those who internalize the message and choose to be offended. Get better, not bitter. #alwaysimproving
Practice what you preach LL 101, You sound like a bitter individual, So LL 101 GET BETTER, NOT BITTER. Should we call The Police now?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:49 am

If fast food didn't accept tips to begin with, they would get at least minimum wage. What's the big deal?
It's not the workers that put the tip jar out at the Dunkin Donuts or the Boston Market. it's the store.
From what one gal told me at one of the Leo's, they can't keep people when they realize they can go to McDonald's and make more money to start.

So who's the big dummies, the ones that stay, or the ones that leave?
Anyone who handles cash for six months at a fast food or restaurant can get a good paying job at a bank or credit union as a cashier. Seriously. So like I said, who's the big dummies? The ones that stay. DUHH.

The service industry needs to informally organize.
Not an official union that you have to pay dues, you have to have a union rep to talk to the boss, none of all that structure.

Those who serve all know each other.
It would not be hard to informally come up with a minimum dollar amount that they will work for.
And if you don't give it to me, I don't start. Enough do that, the pay for servers will go up without needing a union.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:37 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:41 am

Oh, and I don’t talk to nor do I answer to cops at all. I do have a choice, making you 100% wrong. I record them and remain silent.
So you do have frequent interactions...
Interesting

Music is my life.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:49 am
If fast food didn't accept tips to begin with, they would get at least minimum wage. What's the big deal?
It's not the workers that put the tip jar out at the Dunkin Donuts or the Boston Market. it's the store.
From what one gal told me at one of the Leo's, they can't keep people when they realize they can go to McDonald's and make more money to start.

So who's the big dummies, the ones that stay, or the ones that leave?
Anyone who handles cash for six months at a fast food or restaurant can get a good paying job at a bank or credit union as a cashier. Seriously. So like I said, who's the big dummies? The ones that stay. DUHH.

The service industry needs to informally organize.
Not an official union that you have to pay dues, you have to have a union rep to talk to the boss, none of all that structure.

Those who serve all know each other.
It would not be hard to informally come up with a minimum dollar amount that they will work for.
And if you don't give it to me, I don't start. Enough do that, the pay for servers will go up without needing a union.
I guess I question the need for it to be a zero sum game. Perhaps if the owner of the fast food place had a wage structure that didn't result (in the Sonic case) in a 100% employee turnover, they might have not had their franchise pulled and everyone would have still been enjoying an income.

Presumably there's enough to go around for all. If not, it's not what I would consider a viable business to begin with.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:28 pm

I like to listen to company heads that talk about how bad a union would be to all concerned. What they are forgetting is that the employee won't go for a union UNLESS they feel they need one to get a fair shake.
In a way they brought it all on themselves.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic