Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jessica Starr

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
joe60

Re: Jessica Starr

Post by joe60 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 pm

Toggs wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:47 pm
I wonder if someone at channel 2 urged her to get this surgery. If so, they must be feeling really guilty!
What an incredibly stupid post

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:44 pm

joe60 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 pm
Toggs wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:47 pm
I wonder if someone at channel 2 urged her to get this surgery. If so, they must be feeling really guilty!
What an incredibly stupid post
Yeah, that seems a bit silly. Why would they care if she wore contact lenses or not?

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:14 pm
It is aggravating that the spotlight is being shone on the eye procedure...
I completely disagree with the above statement. Dangers associated with elective eye surgery were very poorly publicized prior to this tragedy.

The fact a non-essential surgical procedure could lead to such dire consequences needs to be brought to everyone's attention.
The larger issue here is elective surgery in general. And a lot of it is related to personal appearance. Refractive surgery results in not wearing glasses. But contact lenses are a safe option for the vast majority, if worn responsibly. And glasses really can make you look intelligent and sophisticated.

A lot of the rest has to do with appearance.

Botox and Rhinoplasty. Botox is a poison that can kill you. Why would you put it anywhere in the body, not knowing the long term effects? And unless all of your associates and family think there is something really and truly horrible about your nose, you're just being self conscious about it. LEAVE IT ALONE! Think about Michael Jackson!

Women are the target of a lot of body image obsession related elective surgery. Rhinoplasty is just one. Most of the other ones have to do with breast enlargement, reduction, or enhancement. Or derriere enlargement, reduction, or enhancement. And now, even genital appearance enhancement and reduction. Rarely are these a major problem for the men (or partners) in their lives. There is a large range of attractive. If you are within normal limits, nothing needs to be done in about 98% of the cases. Exercise, stay in shape, but don't obsess.

Now men are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Even surgical genital enhancement is one area being targeted by plastic surgeons. Really, men, do you want to mess around with dangerous surgery down there? Most men sanely reject that. But the supplements are a different matter. What man can resist the appeal of those supplement ads? The main thing is they don’t work. They also might be dangerous. It’s not a problem in 99% of cases. Quit comparing yourself to those internet videos! Get back to work before the boss catches you! Keep in shape. Exercise. Don’t be a fatty. That will fix 99% of the real problems.

Tattoos. Are you really going to want those in 20 years? Do we really know what all the long term side effects of all that ink in your bodies are? Do you want awful scars if you have them removed? Do they really enhance your appearance?

Piercings. Similar. Do you really want scars in twenty years and nerve damage from those? Do partners really find them that attractive? Again 99% don’t find it important.

Aside from moral arguments and judgements, and not being allowed to be buried in certain cemeteries, there are a lot of just plain logical, rational, practical reasons not to do these things. Think about it.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Pam Anderson owes her career ENTIRELY to rhinoplasty and silicone !!! ( Nose reduction and boob job. )

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 am

There is someone who i know, who after many years had implants removed.

Her health has improved greatly as well as her attitude towards life.

She will be going to Washington DC later this month (March ‘19) and speaking with the FDA about the implants.

(Not a story about her)
https://www.wpbf.com/article/doctors-se ... lMyjcJZShE

I commend and applaud her strength and courage.

JS I’m sure was a strong individual. This surgery went horribly wrong and she paid the price for it. This wasn’t years, it was months of intense pain and a quick self-demise of just what could be handled.

Nobody knows what she went through, and whether she thought she was being strong at the beginning and played it down, nobody knows but her.

We miss her public personality, and if I could’ve been the one to say “Jessica, please seek more advice before doing this” I would have. I’m just one of her fans.... and I’m sorry she’s gone.

She and so many others are affected by what people around them do not know.

Unless you walk in my shoes, or I walk in yours, neither of us know the challenges the other faces. It’s up to us to share those challenges and try to get help, no matter how strong we may try to be or seem, before it gets to be too late.

Hopefully we all learn from this..... and try to make sure we have conversations before our loved ones get to “that point” that their only answer is to end their lives

Life is tough..... surviving every day is sometimes the hardest challenge of them all.

Peace, my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:45 am

There is someone who i know, who after many years had implants removed.

Her health has improved greatly as well as her attitude towards life.

She will be going to Washington DC later this month (March ‘19) and speaking with the FDA about the implants.
I know her and I'm 100% behind her efforts. Great post Ray.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:25 am

Re: Elective Surgery

https://torontosun.com/news/world/billi ... rgement-op

I realize that having LASIK Smile is no where near as unnecessary as this case. I'm not comparing this surgery to hers. But it illustrates the dangers of Elective Surgery.

I rest my case.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic