Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Feel the Bern - the sequel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: Feel the Bern - the sequel

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:21 am

Bernie is living by true Christian values.
I think that would be Secular Pseudo Judeo Christian Values, which pervade Reform Jewish and Liberal Protestant and Catholic Congregations today. Social Gospel for short. I think Bernie would be offended by being called Christian. Not so much because he is Jewish by heritage, but because he is an Atheist. Bob Dylan MAYBE, when he braves the flak resulting from his conversion.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:54 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:21 am
Bernie is living by true Christian values.
I think that would be Secular Pseudo Judeo Christian Values, which pervade Reform Jewish and Liberal Protestant and Catholic Congregations today. Social Gospel for short. I think Bernie would be offended by being called Christian. Not so much because he is Jewish by heritage, but because he is an Atheist. Bob Dylan MAYBE, when he braves the flak resulting from his conversion.
Bernie is an asshole!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:13 am

Who the hell, in their right mind, honeymoons in the Soviet Union?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:39 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 am
If he had been the candidate in 2016 I am betting we would be in a much better place as a country.
I think you're right in assuming it would have been better since Trump probably would have won the popular vote plus Virginia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, New Hampshire, and Maine bringing his EV total to 347.

You couldn't have POSSIBLY meant that the economy could have been better though...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 am

Notice everyone here ignoring the words of Jesus which have been posted on this thread.

You know - Jesus the radical lover and forgiver. Jesus the Jew. Jesus the one who called/calls out the sickening two-faced nature of the pious religious hierarchy.

If he were walking the earth today would you follow him? Or is he too radical in his concern for all people? Especially those in prison, sick, poor, homeless, dying, victims of injustice.

And you can be assured - he wouldn’t wait for aid to “trickle down”.
Last edited by screen glare on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:52 am

What is your point in calling Jesus a Jew? You have issues with Jewish folk do you?

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Maybe Moses can access the Buzzboard on one of the two tablets he has and share the info with Jesus, Just a thought, I just wonder how much Moses pays for his internet service and even more importantly who made his tablets.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Jesus is a Jew, zzand. Or did you not know that? And Jews are God’s chosen people. Or did you not know that?

And why would you think that me listing some of the Godly character traits, or God qualities, or high humanitarianism, or rare and exquisite compassion of Jesus - including being a member of God’s chosen people - indicates that I “...have issues with Jewish folk...”? Everything I listed is - often in practice - repugnant and too far “left” for Evangelicals and other so-called worshipers of Jesus.

You should rethink your accusation. Unless you’re a person who believes the word “Jew” is an insult. In which case you might appear to be an anti-Semite.

I assure you - the word “Jew” is not an insult in my vocabulary. It’s a compliment.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:33 pm

It damn well better be since I am one you insufferable asshat.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 pm

So are some people in MY family. And I believe YOU would be the “asshat” since it is YOU who accused ME of something horrid - which I did not do.

I accept your begrudging apology, Goof.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic