Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer vs. Fox2

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Whitmer vs. Fox2

Post by Bobbert » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:52 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 am
Gretchen showed up in a tight dress.

I thought she looked pretty hot but there was little substance to her words. No discussion of any path forward but plenty of talk of hashtags.

I took it as very clever social engineering; you're not hearing a lot of complaints about a lack of an actual plan to "fix the damn roads".
She's pretty superficial and goes for the emotional, not intellectual, punch. Her ad campaign did that perfectly and it helped sweep her in on the female, Democrat wave that dominated this past election.

Interestingly, in the comments on the newspaper websites, most of the critics were female, who mostly criticized her for the ill-fitting dress. I agree. She has some sex appeal, but seeing an overweight middle-aged woman in a loud dress that shows her pudgy stomach and belly button doesn't do much for me.

What really amused me was Fox 2 milking this story for its catty, sensationalistic value, and then trying to rational it with this noble pronouncement about showing the prejudice against strong women in business and politics.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

This after eight years of an ugly self-proclaimed "nerd" who was responsible for about a dozen deaths because he didn't deem poor black Democratic voters worthy of clean drinking water . Speaks volumes for your value system,Mister.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 pm

As for "intellectualism" (strange because the Republicans feed off anti-intellectualism ) ,Snyder's IQ was about 88, and your current President's about 75.One of his Wharton Business School professors proclaimed him his dumbest student. Mr. Trump his the living embodiment of CCR's hit,"Fortunate Son," even moreso than the Bushes,because were he poor (or heaven forbid,a minority ) he'd have been a supermarket stock boy .

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 pm

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm
This after eight years of an ugly self-proclaimed "nerd" who was responsible for about a dozen deaths because he didn't deem poor black Democratic voters worthy of clean drinking water . Speaks volumes for your value system,Mister.
Youre a real piece of race-baiting garbage. If you actually believe that the Flint ordeal was intentional and racial, you are too dumb to be discussing the topic.
Under Granholm, there was an economic crisis here. So many people had lost faith in Michigan. Snyder kicked ass with job creation. We had a bigger turnaround than i thought possible. He was one of the most moderate, and least politically ideaological governors in the country. Many Republicans werent real warm on hom.because they didnt think he was conservative enough. He didnt endorse a lot of candidates. The guy also started his term by taking a salary of 1 cent a year so that throws out your conspiracy of greed. He was more about results and solutions than partisanship. If you believe the water situation was done because the citizens were poor and black, then youve probably been drinking it yourself. By the way, large portions of the cities south and east sides have sizable white populations if not outright white majorities.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 pm
As for "intellectualism" (strange because the Republicans feed off anti-intellectualism ) ,Snyder's IQ was about 88, and your current President's about 75.One of his Wharton Business School professors proclaimed him his dumbest student. Mr. Trump his the living embodiment of CCR's hit,"Fortunate Son," even moreso than the Bushes,because were he poor (or heaven forbid,a minority ) he'd have been a supermarket stock boy .
Supermarket stock boy? What do you do for a living?

jsf

Post by jsf » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 pm
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 pm
Supermarket stock boy? What do you do for a living?
He does his race baiting from another country and seems to be an expert on the USA

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Race baiting from another country ? You clowns should go to Flint ( but you won't;too many coloured folk ) and ask the residents their opinion of the nerd . I sometimes think this thread should be renamed "The Michigan Radio,TV and Breitbart Buzzboard " for the loony postings here,i.e., the genius who posted that our so-called communist government rations our food and forces us to order half of it in French . Obviously someone here is boys with Alex Jones,because that statement can only come from the mind of an out-to-lunch conspiracy theorist like Jones. And,rest assured if I ever met any of you,I would say the things I post here to your face .

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Ionhere,you wouldn't DARE say that crap to my face,believe you me!!!!!!!

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm
Race baiting from another country ? You clowns should go to Flint ( but you won't;too many coloured folk ) and ask the residents their opinion of the nerd . I sometimes think this thread should be renamed "The Michigan Radio,TV and Breitbart Buzzboard " for the loony postings here,i.e., the genius who posted that our so-called communist government rations our food and forces us to order half of it in French . Obviously someone here is boys with Alex Jones,because that statement can only come from the mind of an out-to-lunch conspiracy theorist like Jones. And,rest assured if I ever met any of you,I would say the things I post here to your face .
As I said, there are several sizable areas that are heavily white. Thats not true of Southfield-over 70% black, pretty much dominant in every area. My wife and I both worked there for years in comfort.i still go to Southfield. No issues. Flint has whiter neighborhoods....so...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic