Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The impeachment/indictment thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: The impeachment/indictment thread

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:56 pm

To bad a sitting president can't be indicted...

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/f ... 0222_0.pdf

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Really?
The Constitution provides, in express terms, that the President, as well as the Vice-President and all civil officers, may be impeached for “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” It was framed by men who had learned to their sorrow the falsity of the English maxim, that “the king can do no wrong,” and established by the people, who meant to hold all their public servants, the highest and the lowest, to the strictest accountability. All were jealous of any “squinting towards monarchy,” and determined to allow to the chief magistrate no sort of regal immunity, but to secure his faithfulness and their own rights by holding him personally answerable for his misconduct, and to protect the government by making adequate provision for his removal. Moreover, they did not mean that the door should not be locked till after the horse had been stolen.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:44 pm
Really?
The Constitution provides, in express terms, that the President, as well as the Vice-President and all civil officers, may be impeached for “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” It was framed by men who had learned to their sorrow the falsity of the English maxim, that “the king can do no wrong,” and established by the people, who meant to hold all their public servants, the highest and the lowest, to the strictest accountability. All were jealous of any “squinting towards monarchy,” and determined to allow to the chief magistrate no sort of regal immunity, but to secure his faithfulness and their own rights by holding him personally answerable for his misconduct, and to protect the government by making adequate provision for his removal. Moreover, they did not mean that the door should not be locked till after the horse had been stolen.
Impeachment is political. A indictment is a criminal matter. While congress can impeach, a prosecutor cannot indict. At least according to the DOJ in the PDF I linked to.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:40 pm

1.) Trump did nothing wrong
2.) Trump HIMSELF did nothing wrong
3.) Clintons
4.) Even if something went down, Trump had nothing to do with it
5.) Even if Trump had something to do with it, it's not a crime
6.) Obama
7.) Trump did something wrong but it wasn't anything major
8.) Fuck it, he did it...what are you gonna do about it?
9.) Yeah, he did it, and you can't touch him!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:40 pm
3.) Clintons
6.) Obama
That's all great...

but...
after two years and millions of dollars, a special council and his minions along with pretty much every media outlet working diligently to find something T Rump did illegal...

Nothing,...

The best they can do is trick people into lying to the FBI and charging them with a process crime.

And the search goes on...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:56 pm
To bad a sitting president can't be indicted.
I'm assuming that's a typo and you really meant Too bad. Not sure how to interpret that. Do you mean it's regrettable to you that the President can't be indicted? Or do you mean that it's too bad for his critics and very fortunate for the President that he can't be indicted?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:51 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:40 pm
3.) Clintons
6.) Obama
That's all great...

but...
after two years and millions of dollars, a special council and his minions along with pretty much every media outlet working diligently to find something T Rump did illegal...

Nothing,...

The best they can do is trick people into lying to the FBI and charging them with a process crime.

And the search goes on...
Duly noted for the next time the Clinton Foundation or Benghazi is brought up.

-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think either of those incidents had a special council looking into them for two years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:56 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:56 pm
To bad a sitting president can't be indicted.
I'm assuming that's a typo and you really meant Too bad. Not sure how to interpret that. Do you mean it's regrettable to you that the President can't be indicted? Or do you mean that it's too bad for his critics and very fortunate for the President that he can't be indicted?
Yes, too would be correct. The statement was meant to be open for interpretation. At this point, I'm ambivalent.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:25 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think either of those incidents had a special council looking into them for two years.
So you're willing to put that to bed and admit no wrongdoing? And not call for any further investigations of either?

-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:31 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:25 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
So you're willing to put that to bed and admit no wrongdoing? And not call for any further investigations of either?
Sure would be interesting to see what would have happened if they had a special council investigating those for two years. At this point, put it to bed. But, put the T Rump thing to bed too.

However, I would like to see a special council appointed for the Uranium One deal.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:17 pm

I foresee the Senate pressuring him to resign and if he refuses, move towards impeachment. If not I will take satisfaction in watching the Senate move to Blue. Americans don't have patience for treasonous actions.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 pm

TC Talks, Lester, and Screen Glare - you losing hope yet in regards to your predictions just a few months ago that the Mueller Report will effectively end the Trump Presidency? Your ship is sinking, fast.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 pm
TC Talks, Lester, and Screen Glare - you losing hope yet in regards to your predictions just a few months ago that the Mueller Report will effectively end the Trump Presidency? Your ship is sinking, fast.
Has the report been completed and issued? No? then STFU.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:52 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 pm
How is it sinking? Even Trumps own legal team believes the report will be devestating...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic