Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:18 am

I think we are in for a long ride heading toward the nomination because I have a feeling a few more will declare their intention to run. I don't think Biden will actually run although I think he would be top dog if he did. I really don't see a true leader at this point, although that is not surprising as it is way too early to start thinking in those terms. I don't think we will feel the Bern this time around and Booker should have waited one more term so I don't think he will be the winner either. This may be one of the most interesting election cycles in some time.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am

Good discussion!

Biden is likable, but he's likable in a drinking buddy sense. He's run twice and fared poorly both times. Plus, he is going to be very aged by 2020. I say there is a low chance at best that Biden runs. If he does run, there is minimal chance of him winning, IMO.

Dem voters want new blood or at least new thinking, not an establishment politician.

The Bernie wing of the party will likely be well represented. For that reason, I do not believe he will run. However, I suspect he will campaign very actively for whomever he endorses.

It will be interesting to see if Eric Holder gets in the race. I haven't heard him speak on policy matters enough to form any opinion as to his viability.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 am

Warren doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to win.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

TheForce wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 am
Warren doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to win.
While I agree you are probably right that is what most "experts" said about Trump. :eek

I no longer directly engage trolls

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 am

She could eventually be a VP candidate.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 am

YM - Trump IS mentally ill with NPD. Plus other sociopathic symptoms.

Mental illness is not an insult. It’s illness. Just like any other serious illness.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am

Oprah or Michelle Obama could swing it the Dem’s way to victory. Just make sure the VP candidate is a serious and experienced politician.

The problem with Klobuchar and others being taken out of congress is - they’re excellent at being right where they are - in congress. Where they are sorely needed.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:23 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 am

Mental illness is not an insult. It’s illness. Just like any other serious illness.
When I suggested this, you had a fit.

Explain...

Music is my life.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 am

I have tried to take a count of those who have declared or are mulling it over and I get right around 19. Now how many of those will actually run is unknown right now but that is a very crowded field. I am waiting to see who on the Republican side will run against Trump/Pence

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:32 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 am
I have tried to take a count of those who have declared or are mulling it over and I get right around 19. Now how many of those will actually run is unknown right now but that is a very crowded field. I am waiting to see who on the Republican side will run against Trump/Pence
And that is another thing to ponder.
What exactly would the pros and cons of the Grand 'Ol Party good 'ol boys bringing up someone a little more stable and predictable? Could the Republican Establishment actually be brazen enough to nominate someone other than the sitting president? We all know not every Republican in Wahington is fawning over everything Donald does. I'm thinking it is already being kicked around behind closed doors.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:32 pm
zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 am
And that is another thing to ponder.
What exactly would the pros and cons of the Grand 'Ol Party good 'ol boys bringing up someone a little more stable and predictable? Could the Republican Establishment actually be brazen enough to nominate someone other than the sitting president? We all know not every Republican in Wahington is fawning over everything Donald does. I'm thinking it is already being kicked around behind closed doors.
With Donald at 89% approval among Republicans in yesterday’s Gallup poll would many of them defect to someone else? I don’t doubt it’s being tossed about but does it have any real chance?

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 am

Then if its not an insult, why do you keep implying otherwise in your endless rants? If its not an insult, then why dont you show compassion for the man? Your "Trump is mentally ill" posts definitely have a tone of "hes bad because he is mentally ill" or " his mental illness is too big of a flaw for him to serve". So which one do you actually believe? Huh? Huh?

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm

I believe Mr.Glare has issues, So I Personally don’t reason with him, I’m glad that you’ve noticed this, I thought I was the only one that has seen Mr. Glares issues, I guess I’m trying to put this in the nicest context, Good Day!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 pm

He contradicts himself. He seems to like arguing

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic