Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

They forgot sweeps

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

Re: They forgot sweeps

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:53 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:45 pm
I just edited my post. Added more detail.
Hopefully that clears things up for you.

Oh, you said the word fuck to me btw.
Are you aware of what that word means?

Let's go through all your posts and see which "bad words" you used and debate on how dare you say such a thing !

That sound silly now, doesn't it?
"Fuck" is not a slur. It is a strong word that can be used to express strong emotion. It isn't an attack against a helpless person who has done no wrong. Any communication expert (ha!) ought to understand. You may be stupid, ignorant and unwilling to learn -- but you aren't fucking helpless.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:57 pm

That is not the original definition of "Fuck".
That is the modernized use, just like I was using the modernized usage of "retarded"

You are proving to me that you only want to stir up a fight by saying that.

Please, be mature.

And to think I was actually just about to apologize for causing any offense to you, you go and say that.
Lol. Wow.

And you even resort to name calling. The exact thing you are arguing over.

You are a real piece of work, you know that?

I hope never get to be like you when I'm your age
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 pm

There's nothing modern about willful ignorance. Weak sauce.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Last response from me on this childish argument.

Stop calling me ignorant when I know exactly what I'm saying.
Grow up.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Wow! Dudes everyone Please CHILL, Now the both of you are good people, Let’s just put all of this to rest, I like Stopnswop and I like you Vic, So let’s put an end to all this and carry on. Trust Me on this one, Life is to short, I know this for a fact when I lost my first Wife in the 90’s so let’s try to get along, I know at times even I can be an ass so I’m not perfect either, That’s all I’m going to say here but please make an effort, The both of you are Great Dudes, Have a Great Evening Gentleman.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I did nothing to him. He wants to cause trouble.

If he continues, maybe I can show him the consequences of telling someone to "fuck off and die".
👮

Music is my life.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 pm
I did nothing to him. He wants to cause trouble.

If he continues, maybe I can show him the consequences of telling someone to "fuck off and die".
👮
I will neither apologize for nor will I stop defending special-needs people, especially special-needs kids. Ever. They cannot fight for themselves, so I will fight for them for as long as there is breath in my body. Anyone who doesn't understand that is, at best, monumentally ignorant. Finis.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Nobody was talking about special needs people, anywhere. Just you.
Now stop

Music is my life.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 am

If I may ask a silly question, how is the original topic political?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 am

The word “retarded” when used as an insult - stems from the 1960’s era “medical” moniker “mentally retarded”. It was used by doctors and lay persons to indicate persons who were mentally slow - such as persons born with the chromosomal defect causing certain predictable facial features and other bodily malformations and symptoms - including those affecting a child’s brain and mental capacity.

More recently “mentally retarded” has been modified to “developmentally disabled”. Which is more accurate as it includes other mental abnormalities which may be present besides speed of learning.

Mental retardation or the more recent developmental disability monikers both indicate medical conditions over which children and adults affected have no choice. And they are conditions which are not considered desirable by society at large.

When using the word retarded as an insult you are harming innocent persons the world over who must struggle with these conditions over which they have no choice. You are also hurting those who love them.

Also - thankfully - those who suffer with developmental disabilities are finally being understood as fully contributing members of society with rights, dignity, ability, personality, and in general great and precious value.

Understand all these things. Consider all these things. And you will never again use the word retarded as an insult.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:38 am

Well said, This person is right on, Good Day!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:46 am

I was not insulting anyone. Ffs.

I was referring to smeared ketchup as retarded.

Enough, please?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 am

How is smeared ketchup like a developmentally disabled person?

You can't understand normal thought.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Let me explain it to you in simple baby terms. (Since you want to act like a baby)

Anyone that would smear ketchup all over a machine in protest is not okay in the head.

Music is my life.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Here is a link to, in my opinion, a very thoughtful essay/blog/opinion piece on the topic of "retarded" as an insult.
"Mentally retarded" once replaced moron/idiot/imbecile which were 3 accepted scientific terms to describe people. They came up with the term when moron/idiot/imbecile became popular as insults. Now "retarded" has been replaced because it was used as an insult. Its called by one linguist a euphemism treadmill. Eventually current accepted terms will be used as insults and the cycle repeats.

I did a wordsearch for idiot, moron and imbecile in this forum and they have been used by many of you. (and me).
The reason you think its OK is because they are one full term removed from official labels.

https://medium.com/s/story/the-rise-and ... b9eea23018
Last edited by craig11152 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic