Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grammy's Rant

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 14888

Re: Grammy's Rant

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Good stuff Force, Enjoyable and Thanks for sharing, Good Day !

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 pm

TheForce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm
Just saw this:

Heck yeah!!!

Music is my life.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Eddie Trunk in that video speaks from the heart about all this...it's how I feel as well. The motown segment in the video was hilarious!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 pm

iHeart is in the middle of a massive cash grab but music is essentially dead. Greta Van Def Leppard? WTF?

The GRAMMYs are an infomercial for the RIAA but Rock isn't selling. Outside of the arena tours, nobody is gigging regularly except the tribute bands.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 am

TheForce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm
The majority of metal bands are just left in the dust! I feel metal fans are being purposely being forgotten and left behind. Nobody cares about us. Most of those bands from the 80's are still putting out killer material today! Face it, we're not gonna see great bands like Iron Maiden, Testament, Slayer, Judas Priest, Exodus, etc.... perform or win awards or even nominated on those shows! For reals, how can Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber for example get all the accolades and not the founding bands of thrash?
If you think complaining is going to make becoming irrelevant feel any better, it won't. Here's an idea, stop worrying about what the majority thinks about you obnoxious music. Metal has always been niche with a few higher profile acts.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:35 am

There is actually a lot of backlash from the metal community. Been reading a lot on Twitter. Fans are beyond pissed.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 am
TheForce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm
The majority of metal bands are just left in the dust! I feel metal fans are being purposely being forgotten and left behind. Nobody cares about us. Most of those bands from the 80's are still putting out killer material today! Face it, we're not gonna see great bands like Iron Maiden, Testament, Slayer, Judas Priest, Exodus, etc.... perform or win awards or even nominated on those shows! For reals, how can Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber for example get all the accolades and not the founding bands of thrash?
If you think complaining is going to make becoming irrelevant feel any better, it won't. Here's an idea, stop worrying about what the majority thinks about you obnoxious music. Metal has always been niche with a few higher profile acts.
TC, I’m 63 years young and love Heavy Metal, I grew up listening to groups like Black Sabbath, Mountain and Led Zeppelin, Just To name a few, This music is not as you put it obnoxious music, Maybe perhaps you need to light one up and turn on some Ozzy and kick back and my God Brother loosen up, Rock’n Roll Dude.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic