Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How are you keeping warm this ice age

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14888

Re: How are you keeping warm this ice age

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Ladies breakout the bikinis, I’m going to Stoney Creek Metropark. Rock’n Roll Dude! Time to get the surfboard out and hit the 🌊 waves.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Perfect weather to go out with NS4801, go to the park, eat some Chinese food or something fancy.

I mean.. um... what ...?

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:32 am

:red
Heh

Music is my life.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:06 am

Oldies 84 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:45 pm
This is a bad cold spell, In the last 4 days we lost 2 outdoor cats to the cold temps, They were feral cats so we couldn’t bring them in with our dogs, We had these cats for 4 years, And They normally survive the cold weather they stay in the shelter I built 4 years ago. 4 days ago one cat was found dead on the side of my house and this morning the second cat in the backyard, So needless to say it’s been a bad one.
Sorry. Love for feral cats is one of my many quirks. I had one at work that I fed for several years. She died in a cold snap also but her kitten sleeps on my pillow.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:30 am

FET-500 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:06 am
Oldies 84 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:45 pm
This is a bad cold spell, In the last 4 days we lost 2 outdoor cats to the cold temps, They were feral cats so we couldn’t bring them in with our dogs, We had these cats for 4 years, And They normally survive the cold weather they stay in the shelter I built 4 years ago. 4 days ago one cat was found dead on the side of my house and this morning the second cat in the backyard, So needless to say it’s been a bad one.
Sorry. Love for feral cats is one of my many quirks. I had one at work that I fed for several years. She died in a cold snap also but her kitten sleeps on my pillow.
We had another death this week of one of the indoor Cats which at one time was feral, Kim my Wife brought a Mother and Daughter in 2 years ago and Thursday we put the Mother down due to internal bleeding, So needless to say the last 2 weeks have been hell in the Oldies 84 homestead. But I’m glad most of us have hearts for the ferals, God Love You and Have a Great Day!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:34 am

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that.
🙁.

Im wondering though if there is a connection here though

Music is my life.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Oldies 84,my Windsor neighbourhood has plenty of feral cats,and they could eat our sports tabbies,The Lions and Tigers,alive in minutes .

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:34 am
Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that.
🙁.

Im wondering though if there is a connection here though
Ferals first of all are not very healthy, Being outdoors most of their lives is tough and they’re subjected to so much disease from parasites and rodents and just the bad weather conditions, And surprisingly these little guys have survived 3-4 years already, Thanks to Kim and the Grandchildren feeding them twice a day and The Family building a shelter in the backyard for them to stay in when conditions are adverse, The shelter is actually 20 degrees warmer, Even if you take in a feral and Domesticate them they’re healther but not 100 percent, It’s true you can extend their life a little they still have pre-existing conditions from being outside for a long period of their lives, But it’s cool to know that most people do take care of these homeless cats in one way or another. Also understand the difference between a feral and a stray, A feral is a cat that has zero human contact, Mine were ferals until they got to know me after feeding them for a while and of course a stray has had human contact most of its life, The cats in the neighborhood like my outdoor cats are also known as community cats as well, In Macomb County we have a no kill program if you take the cat to the shelter and explain that it’s a feral they will try to adopt it out if not they will fix them and bring them back to their habitat.
Also if the cat is to ill to save, Then of course it will be put it down and none of this will cost you anything.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:28 pm

There was over an inch of ice on my car.
I've never seen this, yikes.
My wipers were under a frozen pond it looked like, lol.

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic