Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:47 pm

So, leaders in the democrat party played dumb when asked by reporters about his recent abortion comments, pretending like they didn't even know what he said.

But now that it has been found out that he appeared in blackface 25 years ago, they're circling the wagons calling for his resignation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... topstories

This was apparently in his college yearbook:

I don't care that he's a Democrat - I think it is absurd to ask him to resign over something like this, especially when it happend 25 years ago when he was in college. He perhaps should resign over is abortion comments, but certainly not this.

So to be clear - supporting legislation allowing the killing of babies born after botched abortions? Perfectly ok. Dressing in blackface in college 25 years ago? RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN.

Damn the Democrat party is one f-ed up political party.

Y M Ionhere

Re: Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:04 am

The left tore apart Kavanaugh because he liked beer in college. This guy has a quote about beer and....crickets.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 am

Who even found his yearbook! ?

Music is my life.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am

He's cooked. I'm amazed it took this long to surface. But imagine if he was a Republican? White lives matter would appear and you wouldn't hear a peep from anyone about resigning. By now, some Republican spokesperson (or Fox News) would be trying to blame the Democrats.
The Virginia Legislative Black Caucus, the state House Democratic Caucus and the state Senate Democratic Caucus all called on Northam to resign, along with several key progressive groups that have been some of the governor’s closest political allies.
Last edited by TC Talks on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:17 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 am
The question should be, "why wasn't it found during his campaign?"

Seems the press puts a microscope up the ass of anyone with a conservative bent, even going so far as to manufacture malfeasance, but they couldn't find this?

They looked at Kavenaugh's yearbook.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:17 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 am
The question should be, "why wasn't it found during his campaign?"

Seems the press puts a microscope up the ass of anyone with a conservative bent, even going so far as to manufacture malfeasance, but they couldn't find this?

They looked at Kavenaugh's yearbook.
deep background like that is typically the responsibility of the opposing candidate.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:42 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am
deep background like that is typically the responsibility of the opposing candidate.
Tell that to The WaPo.

Ummm, Kavenaugh had a opposing candidate?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:42 am
Tell that to The WaPo.
Ummm, Kavenaugh had a opposing candidate?
The journalists didn't go looking for evidence, they reported on it, just like in this case. You seem to think that the whole concept of political rat fucking is being perpetrated by journalists?

If you've been an asshole somebody's ready to rat you out.

My point is that the Republicans fell down all over the place crying about how Kavanaugh's abusive behavior was an attack rather than acknowledging he may not be the best candidate for the Supreme Court.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 am

My point is that the Republicans fell down all over the place crying about how Kavanaugh's abusive behavior was an attack
Might that be because it was all a lie?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:42 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am
...But imagine if he was a Republican? White lives matter would appear and you wouldn't hear a peep from anyone about resigning...
Oh, you want to play that game, eh? Where were the democrat mobs asking Al Franken to resign over this?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:24 am

Two things need to happen:

Northam needs to step down. He was in his mid-twenties when this happened, so it's far from some youthful indiscretion. Abhorrent then, abhorrent now.

Republicans need to STFU right now about this unless and until the time they call out with equal vigor for the resignations of Rep. Steve King and Donald fucking Trump both of whom I have little doubt are equally racist but have the pictures more well hidden.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:45 am

For the record I think it was 35 years ago not 25.
I think people can change. The question is has he? And even if he has are the "crimes" forgivable?
It's not the same but once upon a time Ronald Regan was a Democrat and I think Hillary Clinton was a republican. But they changed and people accepted that change
I haven't honestly followed that close but are there more recent indications if raciest beliefs. .

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:24 am

Northam needs to step down. He was in his mid-twenties when this happened, so it's far from some youthful indiscretion. Abhorrent then, abhorrent now.

Republicans need to STFU right now about this unless and until the time they call out with equal vigor for the resignations of Rep. Steve King and Donald fucking Trump both of whom I have little doubt are equally racist but have the pictures more well hidden.
"Hey Donald. Hey Steve. You both need to resign. You're racists. There's pictures. We know there's pictures. We don't know of what or where you're hiding them but we just know there's pictures to prove it, so you need to both step down immediately."

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:45 am
For the record I think it was 35 years ago not 25.
I think people can change. The question is has he? And even if he has are the "crimes" forgivable?
It's not the same but once upon a time Ronald Regan was a Democrat and I think Hillary Clinton was a republican. But they changed and people accepted that change
I haven't honestly followed that close but are there more recent indications if raciest beliefs. .
Ah, my bad - it was indeed 35 years.

Bottom line is that things were different in 1984 than they are today. And I think it is beyond insane that things like this should permanently ruin one's career.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:02 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:24 am

"Hey Donald. Hey Steve. You both need to resign. You're racists. There's pictures. We know there's pictures. We don't know of what or where you're hiding them but we just know there's pictures to prove it, so you need to both step down immediately."
Actually in both mens cases their own words reveal more about their racist nature than 100 rolls of Kodachrome ever could. No pictures required.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic