Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
NS8401

Re: RE: Re: Trump Responsible for

Post by NS8401 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:00 am

906XJ wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm
NS8401 wrote:
906XJ wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 pm
Comparing Robert E Lee to Hitler?

Yep, you are mentally ill. Dismissed.

NS... you don't know what you are talking about. I suggest you start with the four volume series, "Battles and Leaders of The Civil War". It is a collection of essays from "The Century" magazine... written by actual participants of the conflict.

Turkeytop... like I said, the politics may have been horribly wrong, but standing up against a government that would subdue state's rights is The American Way. I honestly have no interest in your opinion on this matter eh.
So the tactical errors Lee made that helped the Confederacy lose mean nothing?

You suffer from the false narrative of "The Lost Cause"...
http://civil-war-journeys.org/the_lost_cause.htm

Lee even admitted his tactical mistakes lost Gettysburg for the Confederacy... never mind that though...

Even more importantly Slavery was the primary trigger for the war... not states rights against a far off government... don't bring late 20th century concepts into a mid 19th century debate...
Lee was a great leader of men. Personally I think it was the timidness of his war weary subordinates that caused Pickett's charge to fail... 100% casualties from the "University Greys".

By the time Longstreet sent them forward the counterbattery fire plus the depletion of shells left them without arty cover.

I mean... What the fuck...

But yeah, slavery... whatevs. As a white man I won't sell my own people into slavery for a couple cattle.

Unlike some proto humans.
Which particular proto humans do you mean?

screen glare

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 am

906XJ -
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:49 pm

906XJ - You are - in the historic company of your your kindda guys - A LOSER.

Your sicko prez Trump coined it. Your beaten bro "Bobby" Lee lived it. And you - racist regurge - model it.

On a related front - there IS a hopeful development in the last 24 hours. Trump's unfitness for office due to the behavioral symptoms of his mental illness is a topic finally moving into the headlines - instead of whispered discussons and silent thoughts and fearful contemplations by onlookers.

Carl Bernstein is calling on journalists to focus on this topic. As republican Sen. Corker and other republicans find it impossible to ignore Trump's forever eratic, and psychologically unstable thoughts, words, and deeds.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic