Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WNIC what is your next move?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: WNIC what is your next move?

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Don't forget they do 2 hours a day that are all 80s, which gives it an illusion from playlist view of playing a lot of older music.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:09 pm

I just got a comment on YouTube on my 2006 WNIC Aircheck video.

Bonnie Davis:
Remember how great WNIC was before all the "80's till Now" garbage? People were right. I guess maybe the only choice for businesses now is 98.7 the Breeze.

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:19 pm

I grew up with WNIC in the 90's, during what I call its golden era. Frequently #1 in the ratings, great music rotation, live and local personalities. I wish I could hear Gene Maxwell's voice again during the day. Each personality was so different from the rest, but the station was so buttoned up and polished that it only made listening a more interesting, enjoyable experience. I thought it was a more upbeat and personable complement to Joy 97. I went to 15001 Michigan Ave one day as a kid and received an autographed photo of all the personalities. Not worth much, but still exciting to me as a kid.

I also miss Oldies 104.3 of the same era with Tom Ryan, Tom Force, Ron T, Jeff Jennings, etc. but that's a separate discussion.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Your absolutely correct Sir, The good days of radio are now just a memory for You, The Listeners and Myself, It’s Sad, No it’s a shame as to what happened to the business, It just became to big for itself, So Big the radio corporations became bankrupt, And all we can do is Thank the Goverment for the deregulation on the broadcast industry back in ‘96, This will countinue to get worse and eventually these big broadcasters will have to sell at bargain basement prices their properties to smaller companies or even Mom and Pop Owners that’s my take on it, But I could be wrong.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm
eventually these big broadcasters will have to sell at bargain basement prices their properties to smaller companies or even Mom and Pop Owners that’s my take on it, But I could be wrong.
Do you think that would be a good or bad thing? Would that be a blessing in disguise, giving an opportunity for these mighty expensive signals to be returned to the public? Or would that encourage one big entity to swipe them all up for themselves? (Is the rule of 7's still in existence?)

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:46 pm

No doubt a Great Thing, It would give radio back to us “The People” that’s where it should be, Could you imagine like say all of us on this board wanted to get together and buy an AM or FM station and create something cool, People like you or Stopnswop, Vic, Myself and Anyone Who would be interested in doing a project like that it would be great. And the price of a station could something we could all afford.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Buy 1090, it's a mile away from me. Something tells me it could be purchased for a steal as-is. LOL

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm

1090 Probably needs a new ground system that thing is from The 60’s.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:03 pm

eventually these big broadcasters will have to sell at bargain basement prices their properties to smaller companies or even Mom and Pop Owners that’s my take on it, But I could be wrong.
Not...gonna...happen.

Look at the iFart bankruptcy. Assuming they successfully execute their confirmed Plan of Reorganization, damn every single radio station they currently own will remain in their hands. True, the composition of shareholders will change dramatically. But the company will still be known as iHeartRadio, and the station portfolio will be almost identical to what it is now.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:03 pm
Not...gonna...happen.

Look at the iFart bankruptcy. Assuming they successfully execute their confirmed Plan of Reorganization, damn every single radio station they currently own will remain in their hands. True, the composition of shareholders will change dramatically. But the company will still be known as iHeartRadio, and the station portfolio will be almost identical to what it is now.
That’s a real bummer!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Oh that's where this story went.
I was just asking on here a couple weeks ago what came of the iaheart bankruptcy

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic