Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 pm
Twelve statues in the world celebrating Joseph Stalin and only two people in the world who would object to their removal. Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.
You forgot Bernie Sanders.
~Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 pm
Twelve statues in the world celebrating Joseph Stalin and only two people in the world who would object to their removal. Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.
You forgot Bernie Sanders.

Right. You'll notice I didn't include myself on the list either. Modesty, I guess. :lol

bmw
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Why now? Why in 2017 is it suddenly time for these statues to go? I don't seem to recall Obama calling for them to go during any of his 8 years as President. Or Bill Clinton. Or any other democrat president over the past 100 years. And it is not like white supremacy is a brand-new movement that suddenly popped up this year.

I believe that this move to remove confederate statutes is nothing more than part of the broader anti-Trump movement.

Also, anybody who believes that removing these statues will somehow move this country forward or somehow lead to racial unity - you're sadly mistaken.

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:31 pm

I believe that this move to remove confederate statutes is nothing more than part of the broader anti-Trump movement.
Or, the Occupy Wall Street people, Black Lives Matter, Alt-Left and the rest of the anarchists had nothing to do.
~Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

bmw
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:31 pm

I believe that this move to remove confederate statutes is nothing more than part of the broader anti-Trump movement.
Or, the Occupy Wall Street people, Black Lives Matter, Alt-Left and the rest of the anarchists had nothing to do.
You can't call those groups out, you RACIST. You should close your Mibuzzboard account in disgrace and leave here never to be seen again.

screen glare
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by screen glare » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:02 pm

What was that oft taught example of free speech that's not allowed under the constitution?

Oh yeah...yelling a false warning of "Fire!" in a crowded theatre. It could cause the crowd to stampede toward the exits and result in the injuries and deaths of innocent persons.

So what about the bermuda shorts, jack boots, beer belly covered in a white T-shirt attired Nazis in their most recent killing field? What of their free speech?

Was the baby-faced punk turned terrorist who fatally rammed cars into counter protesters - driven to kill by Nazi hate speech on the internet and in person during their petulant parades?

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 pm

These guys were traitors to your country. Why would you honour them with a statue?

Is there a statue to the Rosenbergs? Is there a statue to Oliver North?

Oh, right. I forgot. To you right wingers, North is a Patriot.

906XJ
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 am

Re: RE: Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by 906XJ » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:These guys were traitors to your country. Why would you honour them with a statue?

Is there a statue to the Rosenbergs? Is there a statue to Oliver North?

Oh, right. I forgot. To you right wingers, North is a Patriot.
Unlike you queen worshipping butlers, revolution and dissent is ingrained in American culture.

Do I agree with the Southern Rebellion? No.

Would I have it erased from history because I don't agree with it? Absolutely not.

Bobby Lee was a great General in American history that lived a peaceful life after the war's end until the day he died.

I was always a Sherman fan myself...

screen glare
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by screen glare » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:07 am

"Bobby" Lee?

hahahahahahahaha

chromacolor2
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by chromacolor2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:01 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:02 pm
What was that oft taught example of free speech...
Sorry, I buzzed in early and thought the answer was "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

NS8401
Posts: 7240
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: RE: Re: Trump Responsible for

Post by NS8401 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:07 pm

906XJ wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote:These guys were traitors to your country. Why would you honour them with a statue?

Is there a statue to the Rosenbergs? Is there a statue to Oliver North?

Oh, right. I forgot. To you right wingers, North is a Patriot.
Unlike you queen worshipping butlers, revolution and dissent is ingrained in American culture.

Do I agree with the Southern Rebellion? No.

Would I have it erased from history because I don't agree with it? Absolutely not.

Bobby Lee was a great General in American history that lived a peaceful life after the war's end until the day he died.

I was always a Sherman fan myself...
Some historians have argued to keep them as a teaching moment ... I was previously in favor of the removal but now I think they should be kept to remind us where we have gone astray so we can learn not to repeat it, similar to the Concentration camps in Poland, museums now...

906XJ
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 am

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trump Responsible for

Post by 906XJ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 pm

NS8401 wrote:
906XJ wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote:These guys were traitors to your country. Why would you honour them with a statue?

Is there a statue to the Rosenbergs? Is there a statue to Oliver North?

Oh, right. I forgot. To you right wingers, North is a Patriot.
Unlike you queen worshipping butlers, revolution and dissent is ingrained in American culture.

Do I agree with the Southern Rebellion? No.

Would I have it erased from history because I don't agree with it? Absolutely not.

Bobby Lee was a great General in American history that lived a peaceful life after the war's end until the day he died.

I was always a Sherman fan myself...
Some historians have argued to keep them as a teaching moment ... I was previously in favor of the removal but now I think they should be kept to remind us where we have gone astray so we can learn not to repeat it, similar to the Concentration camps in Poland, museums now...
That's definitely one way to look at it...

The thing is... Bobby Lee was a great American and leader of men. As a professional soldier, the last thing he wanted was war. By all accounts he was a kind and gentle man with an incredible mind for tactics.

Big government tried to put the screws to his neighbors, so he took command of an army and stood his ground.

Whether you agree with his politics is immaterial. What he did is the epitome of the American Way.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 pm

he took command of an army and stood his ground.

Whether you agree with his politics is immaterial. What he did is the epitome of the American Way.
Killing Americans to preserve the right to enslave a race of people the American way?

NS8401
Posts: 7240
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trump Responsible for

Post by NS8401 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 pm

906XJ wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 pm
NS8401 wrote:
906XJ wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote:These guys were traitors to your country. Why would you honour them with a statue?

Is there a statue to the Rosenbergs? Is there a statue to Oliver North?

Oh, right. I forgot. To you right wingers, North is a Patriot.
Unlike you queen worshipping butlers, revolution and dissent is ingrained in American culture.

Do I agree with the Southern Rebellion? No.

Would I have it erased from history because I don't agree with it? Absolutely not.

Bobby Lee was a great General in American history that lived a peaceful life after the war's end until the day he died.

I was always a Sherman fan myself...
Some historians have argued to keep them as a teaching moment ... I was previously in favor of the removal but now I think they should be kept to remind us where we have gone astray so we can learn not to repeat it, similar to the Concentration camps in Poland, museums now...
That's definitely one way to look at it...

The thing is... Bobby Lee was a great American and leader of men. As a professional soldier, the last thing he wanted was war. By all accounts he was a kind and gentle man with an incredible mind for tactics.

Big government tried to put the screws to his neighbors, so he took command of an army and stood his ground.

Whether you agree with his politics is immaterial. What he did is the epitome of the American Way.
He was actually rather well known for his poor strategy... the great General bit came about under Southern revisionism after the war... nice try...

screen glare
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by screen glare » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Why sho 'nuf, honey child 906XJ.

Your "Bobby" Lee was such a "great leader of men" - he couldn't see that a shit load of the men around him were black!

Your darlin' "great American" - "kind and gentle" "Bobby" Lee thought men came in one color - white! The rest of the population with penises he and his peers thought animals - bought and sold as property - when they weren't being whipped, chained, or raped by whites.

But don't go lettin' this ugly truth worry yo pretty little head, 906XJ.

And while spinnin' round our history - ask those Germans - why they don't have Hitler erected in bronze.

906XJ
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by 906XJ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Comparing Robert E Lee to Hitler?

Yep, you are mentally ill. Dismissed.

NS... you don't know what you are talking about. I suggest you start with the four volume series, "Battles and Leaders of The Civil War". It is a collection of essays from "The Century" magazine... written by actual participants of the conflict.

Turkeytop... like I said, the politics may have been horribly wrong, but standing up against a government that would subdue state's rights is The American Way. I honestly have no interest in your opinion on this matter eh.

NS8401
Posts: 7240
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for

Post by NS8401 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:52 pm

906XJ wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 pm
Comparing Robert E Lee to Hitler?

Yep, you are mentally ill. Dismissed.

NS... you don't know what you are talking about. I suggest you start with the four volume series, "Battles and Leaders of The Civil War". It is a collection of essays from "The Century" magazine... written by actual participants of the conflict.

Turkeytop... like I said, the politics may have been horribly wrong, but standing up against a government that would subdue state's rights is The American Way. I honestly have no interest in your opinion on this matter eh.
So the tactical errors Lee made that helped the Confederacy lose mean nothing?

You suffer from the false narrative of "The Lost Cause"...
http://civil-war-journeys.org/the_lost_cause.htm

Lee even admitted his tactical mistakes lost Gettysburg for the Confederacy... never mind that though...

Even more importantly Slavery was the primary trigger for the war... not states rights against a far off government... don't bring late 20th century concepts into a mid 19th century debate...

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Turkeytop... like I said, the politics may have been horribly wrong, but standing up against a government that would subdue state's rights is The American Way. I honestly have no interest in your opinion on this matter eh.
OK. I get it. You aren't interested in my opinion. That's fair. I'm a foreigner and this is really none of my business.


Just answer one more question for me and then I'll get out of this thread. Whatever your answer is I'll spare you my opinion, and refrain from commenting.

Would the southern states be justified in reopening the war today, to restore their state's rights and to restore slavery?

906XJ
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 am

Re: Trump Responsible for "Unite the Right" Deadly Violence

Post by 906XJ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Turkeytop... yes, they would... and we would just kick their asses and seed their gene pool... again. If it wasn't for Carpetbaggers those shitheels would have inbred themselves back to the stone age by now.

906XJ
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 am

Re: RE: Re: Trump Responsible for

Post by 906XJ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm

NS8401 wrote:
906XJ wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 pm
Comparing Robert E Lee to Hitler?

Yep, you are mentally ill. Dismissed.

NS... you don't know what you are talking about. I suggest you start with the four volume series, "Battles and Leaders of The Civil War". It is a collection of essays from "The Century" magazine... written by actual participants of the conflict.

Turkeytop... like I said, the politics may have been horribly wrong, but standing up against a government that would subdue state's rights is The American Way. I honestly have no interest in your opinion on this matter eh.
So the tactical errors Lee made that helped the Confederacy lose mean nothing?

You suffer from the false narrative of "The Lost Cause"...
http://civil-war-journeys.org/the_lost_cause.htm

Lee even admitted his tactical mistakes lost Gettysburg for the Confederacy... never mind that though...

Even more importantly Slavery was the primary trigger for the war... not states rights against a far off government... don't bring late 20th century concepts into a mid 19th century debate...
Lee was a great leader of men. Personally I think it was the timidness of his war weary subordinates that caused Pickett's charge to fail... 100% casualties from the "University Greys".

By the time Longstreet sent them forward the counterbattery fire plus the depletion of shells left them without arty cover.

I mean... What the fuck...

But yeah, slavery... whatevs. As a white man I won't sell my own people into slavery for a couple cattle.

Unlike some proto humans.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests