Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kamala Harris slept her way to the top

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Kamala Harris slept her way to the top

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 am

Uh oh, this isn't going to help her ambitions to be President some day. She not only had an affair with former mayor Wille Brown, but she also received political favors for doing so. According to Brown:
Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago.
Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was [California] Assembly speaker. And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco.
...after I helped her, (she) sent word that I would be indicted if I "so much as jaywalked" while she was D.A....That's politics for ya.
Moreover, per a Business Insider report, "The former mayor also connected Harris with campaign donors, which helped her outraise her opponent for San Francisco district attorney."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former ... oZrHFz1FFE

And before you lefties all go saying "but Trump had an affair," there's a big difference - Trump wasn't having affairs with politically prominent people and receiving political favors for doing as such.

This is all a shame, really. I wanted her to be the nominee.

screen glare

Re: Kamala Harris slept her way to the top

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:40 am

Never have felt she is presidential material.
Last edited by screen glare on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 am

The only thing that may somewhat mitigate her exposed hot pot of sleaze is Willie Brown’s reputation. Republicans and others think he’s one of the slimiest politicians to ever rise to power in The Golden State. Of course many politicians with sleaze reputations are not ineffective.

Maybe Harris is planing on surfing the righteous anger MeToo wave to ride out this scandal. However it certainly looks like consensual agendas-driven sex at this early stage of nation-wide exposure.

With most of the nation sick to death of Trump’s flood of sleaze, corruption, and bark-at-the-moon madness - the next elected president is going to have to convince voters that we won’t have to endure hourly lies, treason, and utter incompetence eminating from the leader of the free world. As well as old or new revelations about the president’s sex life. Enough!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Slept her way to the top?

Didn't realize she was at the top.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 am
Uh oh, this isn't going to help her ambitions to be President some day. She not only had an affair with former mayor Wille Brown, but she also received political favors for doing so. According to Brown:
Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago.
Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was [California] Assembly speaker. And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco.
...after I helped her, (she) sent word that I would be indicted if I "so much as jaywalked" while she was D.A....That's politics for ya.
Moreover, per a Business Insider report, "The former mayor also connected Harris with campaign donors, which helped her outraise her opponent for San Francisco district attorney."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former ... oZrHFz1FFE

And before you lefties all go saying "but Trump had an affair," there's a big difference - Trump wasn't having affairs with politically prominent people and receiving political favors for doing as such.

This is all a shame, really. I wanted her to be the nominee.
You wanted her because you thought she’d be easy pickings for Trump...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:22 pm

I've decided to sleep my way to the top. Didn't get up until 9:00 this my.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:59 pm

OK. Just watched - beginning to end - Senator Harris announcing her candidacy for POTUS. I must say I am impressed by what she said, how she said it, AND the response of the exceedingly h-u-g-e, DIVERSE crowd massing in the streets of her hometown, Oakland, California.

Maybe she can win. The size and energy of that crowd was upliftingly memorable.

She was bold enough to extoll “the religion of Jesus”. Which means both Christians and Jews should give her a fair look. Because voters are starved for human decency. And the historic life of - Jesus the man - embodies that way of living. No matter your positive or negative feelings about religion, or the concept of deity.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Consider this, bmw. Do you really feel certain the public knows all the sexual encounters, affairs, hook ups, etc. in which Donald Trump has participated? And whether any resulted in him receiving favorable consideration, treatment, promotion, etc.?

And do you believe he has changed his sexual appetites, and patterns of selecting sexual partners over the course of his candidacy and presidency? If you do then you must also believe the sun orbits the earth. The guy keeps on keepin on throughout. He hasn’t suddenly become faithful to wife number three during her time as first lady.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Of course there is always the possibility that Harris was actually in love with Willie Brown and thought he’d marry her some day. Then years later painfully wised up and decided to retaliate because she felt he’d toyed with her emotions. “Hell hath no wrath...like a woman scorned.”

So now he fires back by acknowledging their affair right before she announces for president.

That would be a pretty common human saga of love on the rocks and bloody war in the reverse passion that often follows.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 pm

To paraphrase some other people here on the Buzzboard, this is a "nothing burger" to me.
Something happened 20 years ago? In this day and age and current state of politics?
Good grief, if people cared what happened 20 years ago, half the elected officials would be out of work. Yawn.

I'm not endorsing her, because for one I don't know much about her. But we are SOOO early in this Waltz to the White House, it's still eating the popcorn and getting ready to clap at the "It's more fun at MJR" promo. The show hasn't started yet.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 pm
To paraphrase some other people here on the Buzzboard, this is a "nothing burger" to me.
Something happened 20 years ago? In this day and age and current state of politics?
Good grief, if people cared what happened 20 years ago, half the elected officials would be out of work. Yawn.

I'm not endorsing her, because for one I don't know much about her. But we are SOOO early in this Waltz to the White House, it's still eating the popcorn and getting ready to clap at the "It's more fun at MJR" promo. The show hasn't started yet.
A week is a lifetime in politics they say...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Well in recent politics there were certainly firestorms over allegations against Roy Moore and Brett Kavanaugh for events that allegedly occurred way more than 20 years ago. Democrats were fit to be tied over both of these individuals and their alleged behavior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:27 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:40 am
Never have felt she is presidential material.
Just curious why you edited your original response down to almost nothing. I almost agreed with parts of what you originally said.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:10 pm

So what.... just because she's a woman? JFK , Slick Willie, Trump all well known to be banging women left and right.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Well in recent politics there were certainly firestorms over allegations against Roy Moore and Brett Kavanaugh for events that allegedly occurred way more than 20 years ago. Democrats were fit to be tied over both of these individuals and their alleged behavior.
The allegations against Moore involved minors. The allegations against the associate drunk justice involved sexual assault and rape. Are you claiming that those are equivalent to relationships between consenting adults?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic