Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV Personalities Moving To Radio

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: TV Personalities Moving To Radio

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Used to be known for it*

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:06 pm

No, I think there’s still good talent here, You need to get into radio yourself fulfill you dream, Life is to short Brother, I know that from my personal experience.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm considering it.
Have been for some time now

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Check into Specs, I personally had the opportunity to go through my High School Radio Station at the time WPHS in Warren, This was in 1970, Of course not everyone had that option I was lucky, But Dude if you love radio then go for it, And don’t let anyone change you mind, You also have the advantage here, You most likely are a single person and not married or tied down to a Wife or Children which it will make it easier to land a job anywhere in the Country and that’s a plus, so don’t hold back on your dreams.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Jackie Paige is someone who has also made the successful transition from TV to radio. She started very, very rough, but is now excellent on the air. Perhaps it was nerves? I used to know her pretty well when she worked at Fox. I wish her the best.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Excellent point, radiodoc.

I forgot about her; she indeed does a terrific job at WWJ. Arguably their best on-air talent these days.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:58 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:56 pm
Check into Specs, I personally had the opportunity to go through my High School Radio Station at the time WPHS in Warren, This was in 1970, Of course not everyone had that option I was lucky, But Dude if you love radio then go for it, And don’t let anyone change you mind, You also have the advantage here, You most likely are a single person and not married or tied down to a Wife or Children which it will make it easier to land a job anywhere in the Country and that’s a plus, so don’t hold back on your dreams.
Nope not married.
I was however engaged a few years ago.

That ended very very badly.
He was extremely abusive. He actually would purposely abuse me emotionally and then laugh when I would cry.
But I never left him. He ended up leaving ME because I started treating him like shit for what he did to me.
I must be crazy.

And when I get my health issues taken care of, I need to finish the degree I'm almost done with, which is an IT degree. Then I need to get a job and make enough money to go back do medical school.
But If I'm unable to physically do that ever, I may have to give up the medical field all together.
THEN I will start something in broadcasting.
I shouldn't get ahead of myself though. I'll just end up letting myself down trying to set all these goals right now.

Right now I just want to fucking go back to work. That's my small goal for now, next to spine surgery to do that

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic