Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Live in the D = Trainwreck???

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14888

Re: Live in the D = Trainwreck???

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:00 pm

The show is a trainwreck Jason Carr would rather be knitting than be on the set of Live in the “D”.

musicfan

Post by musicfan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Jason needs to back to Fox 2 and at least, work the Nine. He can replace MeMeMeielle Lue and bring in a third wheel to co-host with Deena.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:32 pm

musicfan wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 pm
Jason needs to back to Fox 2 and at least, work the Nine. He can replace MeMeMeielle Lue and bring in a third wheel to co-host with Deena.
I have always been a little "Clueless in Seattle" about letting Jason go, yet keeping Lee Thomas.
I suppose there was a reason behind it. But that management decision truly befuddled me at the time.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:18 am

My wife is a converted regular watcher of channel 2. However the Jason guy is not the reason she switched. I remember her saying she was glad when he left to go elsewhere in town because she found him smug and boring. I agree from what I can remember, but the last many years find all TV news in town unwatchable. Looks amateur and slowly boring compared to 24 hour national and world operations on all platforms. If I want local weather it’s on the app on my phone. If I really need local anything I can read it on my phone and skip the punch and judy show.

The people working for the little news outfits appear provincial in knowledge and presentation. And largely they’re interchangable - certain types - state to state, city to city if you do any traveling. When the curtain goes up on the same formula-of-a-show year after year - over and over again - the result is an audience being chained to predictability and ultimately crimes-a’-silly boredom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic