Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Media coverage of Obamacare in 2010 vs Trump's wall today

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Media coverage of Obamacare in 2010 vs Trump's wall today

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Saw this chart today in an anti-wall piece by CNN today:

Immediately when I saw those numbers I knew they looked awfully familiar. That is because they are - they very closely mirror public approval of Obamacare before it was passed in 2010.

Yet I don't seem to recall CNN back then posting daily articles opposing Obamacare on the ground that Americans don't want it like they are today with Trump's wall. Can you even begin to imagine how CNN would cover the wall if Trump were to get it built the same way Obamacare got passed? ie, by passing a bill through the House that nobody wanted and then ramming it through the Senate, on Christmas Eve, during a snowstorm, to avoid reconciliation before a specific seat in the Senate constituted a 41st vote to block the legislation (ie, Scott Brown)? It was a spectacle then, and the media was perfectly fine with it. If Trump did anything like that today, the folks at CNN would be fit to be tied.

Just another example of glaring media bias.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Media coverage of Obamacare in 2010 vs Trump's wall today

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Saw this chart today in an anti-wall piece by CNN today:

Immediately when I saw those numbers I knew they looked awfully familiar. That is because they are - they very closely mirror public approval of Obamacare before it was passed in 2010.

Yet I don't seem to recall CNN back then posting daily articles opposing Obamacare on the ground that Americans don't want it like they are today with Trump's wall. Can you even begin to imagine how CNN would cover the wall if Trump were to get it built the same way Obamacare got passed? ie, by passing a bill through the House that nobody wanted and then ramming it through the Senate, on Christmas Eve, during a snowstorm, to avoid reconciliation before a specific seat in the Senate constituted a 41st vote to block the legislation (ie, Scott Brown)? It was a spectacle then, and the media was perfectly fine with it. If Trump did anything like that today, the folks at CNN would be fit to be tied.

Just another example of glaring media bias.
Closely mirror used loosely... the wall is 5-10 points more unpopular at each end than Obamacare was. Obamacare’s effects are a hell of a lot easier to quantify too so public opinion probably wouldn’t flip the way it did for Obamacare.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 am

The average support in both instances is within a point or two, and margin of opposition is double digits. So are you suggesting that if people opposed the wall by a 51-40 margin instead of 56-39 that the media and the left (redundant, I know) would magically support a wall?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am

When will you all wake up and realize that this is all propaganda/distraction/entertainment?

The government and everyone in it is merely a puppet for the higher ups: Rothschilds, Royal Family, Freemasons, etc.

Trump is a great actor.
There is no *real* border wall debate.

There will be a wall though, but it won't be to "keep out immigrants", if you get what I mean.
Big things are to occur in the coming months.
Start preparing for 6 months with no power..now..and not being entertained by "News".

Music is my life.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Oh lord, the tin foil hat brigade is here...

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:28 pm

So, your angle is to take a CNN analysis of one thing, and compare it to a RealClearPolitics analysis of another thing, and expect to make a point out of the mishmash. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 pm
Oh lord, the tin foil hat brigade is here...
Ha, this thread was constructed using tin foil.

NEXT!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 am

Right, think what you want.
It only affects you.

However, I will point you towards the 93 page document the government actually released a month ago about preparing for an extended blackout.
I've known about this for a year.
Don't be an ignorant sheep.

Project Blue Beam will be THE endgame for the NWO and the biggest false flag attack on all of mankind.

Aliens do not exist. Please remember that sentence very very well.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:49 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 am
Right, think what you want.
It only affects you.

However, I will point you towards the 93 page document the government actually released a month ago about preparing for an extended blackout.
I've known about this for a year.
Don't be an ignorant sheep.

Project Blue Beam will be THE endgame for the NWO and the biggest false flag attack on all of mankind.

Aliens do not exist. Please remember that sentence very very well.
Why don’t you go study why that guy Tim is really using all your ideas and torturing you with the Breeze or something...

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 am

Why are there so many fucking weirdos in this place? :lol

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Which place? The Michigan Buzzboard?

The meant-to-insult moniker “weirdos” is often sighted as those who do not agree with previous posters.

BTW if there’s a mega electrical black out in the US it’s probably due to Putin. As he’s already suspected in other big but less sweeping blackouts in our nation. So called trial runs. Well encompassed in Russia’s and the former Soviet government’s publically announced campaign to “destroy” The United States “from within.”

And now the very evidentury info arrives that President Trump has been/is being investigated as a possible Russian asset. So then - Trump might already know of a sweeping black out coming. Because at the very least he's hoping for some issue to distract from the boiling self-poured water in which he’s currently sputtering and drowning.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

“Weirdos” are often sighted as those who do not agree with with a previous poster.
Yes... here. Doomsday preppers, people squawking about "the Illuminati" and "NWO" and "false flags". It's hilarious.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 am

Motown322 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 pm
screen glare wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

“Weirdos” are often sighted as those who do not agree with with a previous poster.
Yes... here. Doomsday preppers, people squawking about "the Illuminati" and "NWO" and "false flags". It's hilarious.
The internet is the haven for the anonymous fringes mainly on the right...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic