Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am

RingtailedFox wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am
Anyone see the irony in that talking to people for this wall, is like talking TO a wall?

"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"

"A wall that won't help a damn thing? Get me my wallet!"

I've noted there's been no call for one across Canada. I wonder what the difference is between Candians and Mexicans.
snarky response: we're not that thrilled with what we see south of the border these days... maybe we *should* have a wall of our own!

real response: canadians aren't interested in sneaking into america for a better life, because ours is already decent enough (aside from our brutal winters). we're also culturally similar for the most part and we don't have a raging drug war going on along the USA-Canada Border...
So, tell me, Fox (using as small as possible words) what some of those perks are that make it a better life?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:59 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:40 pm
I snuck into the US nine days ago. I'm still hiding out down here.

I didn't smuggle in any drugs. I'm not a terrorist, I'm not part of a criminal gang and I haven't raped any white girls yet.
In other words, you're like 95% of the folks entering from the southern border.
So the 5% of border crossers who are drug smugglers, gangsters, terrorists, and rapists -- is that an insignificant number in your opinion?
That 5 percent are crossing through legal ports of entry. A wall won't stop them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:08 pm

The fact remains that the vast majority came here legally and overstated their visas...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:14 am

Humpty Trumpty wanted a wall.
Humpty Trumpty took a great fall.
And all Putin’s horses, and all Putin’s men -
Couldn’t put Trumpty together, again!

Humpty Trumpty whined for his wall.
Humpty Trumpty started to howl.
And all in the congress, and Mitch hiding out -
Made federal workers riot - and shout.

Humpty Trumpty failed at his wall.
But Humpty Trumpty still had his gaul.
He banged a few hookers, and watched his TV -
‘Til the next prez election, when Trump lost - bigley!

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am
RingtailedFox wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Anyone see the irony in that talking to people for this wall, is like talking TO a wall?

"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"

I've noted there's been no call for one across Canada. I wonder what the difference is between Candians and Mexicans.
snarky response: we're not that thrilled with what we see south of the border these days... maybe we *should* have a wall of our own!

real response: canadians aren't interested in sneaking into america for a better life, because ours is already decent enough (aside from our brutal winters). we're also culturally similar for the most part and we don't have a raging drug war going on along the USA-Canada Border...
So, tell me, Fox (using as small as possible words) what some of those perks are that make it a better life?
i speak from experience: when i got very sick last year, i ended up in the hospital, but thanks to my (admittedly high) taxes, i didn't go bankrupt due to medical bills. we also don't have as big of a gun violence problem as the united states, because of our very strict laws regarding guns.

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:49 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:04 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am
RingtailedFox wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

i speak from experience: when i got very sick last year, i ended up in the hospital, but thanks to my (admittedly high) taxes, i didn't go bankrupt due to medical bills. we also don't have as big of a gun violence problem as the united states, because of our very strict laws regarding guns.
Hmmmmm. Interesting. And are all or most of your countrymen broke? Living in grass huts? Can't afford anything?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:03 pm

It's a symbol of Trump's strength. He doesn't care about the wall as much as the idea he came up with all by himself, which his less than bright mob of followers may or may not think will work.

To the supremists it's a symbol of white power. To the lower class it's a symbol of sticking it to the Man. To Republican leadership it is a symbol of their power. To the Democrats it's a waste of money, yet no one is crying outraged at the 1.2 trillion dollars missing at the Pentagon.

Anyone with a third grade education can understand what the image below represents.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 2554567002

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Mega Hertz wrote: Hmmmmm. Interesting. And are all or most of your countrymen broke? Living in grass huts? Can't afford anything?
Not living in grass huts, but most everyone I know are broke and can't afford anything...

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:16 pm

I'm trailer trash when I'm here in Florida.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:16 pm
I'm trailer trash when I'm here in Florida.
So was my Grandma in Largo.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:03 pm
It's a symbol of Trump's strength. He doesn't care about the wall as much as the idea he came up with all by himself, which his less than bright mob of followers may or may not think will work.

To the supremists it's a symbol of white power. To the lower class it's a symbol of sticking it to the Man. To Republican leadership it is a symbol of their power. To the Democrats it's a waste of money, yet no one is crying outraged at the 1.2 trillion dollars missing at the Pentagon.

Anyone with a third grade education can understand what the image below represents.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 2554567002
The Pentagon thing was misunderstood by some progressives... it doesn’t actually work that way...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 am

Back to the topic of this thread. Predictions on how and when Trump’s shutdown ends.

Back on January 8th my prediction was that the shutdown ends when too many TSA screeners and security personnel call in sick and flights become grounded.

I stand by that prediction today - right here - on January 17th.

Not that TSA is ever very good at finding weapons. Survey after survey shows hidden weapons and bombs often go through TSA checkpoints undetected.

Still - got to go through the motion of screening in order to take off.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:02 pm

On second thought - Tump’s in so much legal trouble right now - with his ex lawyer ready to testify before congress that Trump directed him to lie to congress - Trump might quit.

His kids are implicated in the lie before congress, too. As Ivanka and Trump Junior - according to MC - had major rolls to play in the secret Moscow Trump Tower plans. All of which were ongoing well into Trump’s presidency.

So maybe this all ends with Tump saying “I’m taking my toys and going home!” He’d resign under the guise “You don’t appreciate me, America!”

Grounded planes ending the shutdown pale as motivation in comparison to Trump being outed for suborning perjury.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 pm

How can anyone - especially those who voted for Trump - think he’s a good president? He’s mentally ill and THE most corrupt, treasonous, unprincipled, anti-American, know nothing, thin skinned, compromised, voluminous liar ever to plop his ass into the chair at the resolute desk. Maybe as more republican lawmakers turn on Trump publically his voters will wise up and turn on him, as well.

Maybe General Mattis can give them some pointers.

I do think Lindsay Graham will stick with Trump until the bitter end. During their infamous golf game - after which bachelor Graham seemed to become Trump’s lap dog - I think it highly likely Trump showed Graham photos or communications Graham does not want anyone to see.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:51 pm

No one knows when it will end. But, when it does, Trump will say "It was the best shutdown ever."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic