Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The 76 Trifecta

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

The 76 Trifecta

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:58 pm

On the same day, Mean Gene, The Captain (of Tenile) and Super Dave die. They were all 76 and all became famous using a very flamboyant stage name. Conspiracy?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The 76 Trifecta

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Wow. That sucks.

R.I.P. Mean Gene. :cry:

I don't know who the middle guy is. I have heard of Super Dave, but please remind me how or why he is a celebrity. I honestly don't know the reason.

Learning of Mean Gene's passing reminds me of just how badly Verne Gagne f*cked up his AWA. As soon as Hulk Hogan and Mean Gene Okerlund jumped ship to the WWF - along with some other talent - the AWA was toast!

I watched WWF Superstars of Wrestling and the WWF Wrestling Challenge (which aired on WKBD for many years) religiously when I was a youngster. The former had Vince McMahon and Jesse Venture as commentators for much of its run. The latter featured Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. Also, Brother Love was the bomb!

zzand

Re: The 76 Trifecta

Post by zzand » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:21 pm

The Captain and Tenille? Love Will Keep us Together? Also think they had a summer variety show on TV too....Super Dave was a comic writer for TV and movies and a regular on Curb Your Enthusiasm. But will be always remembered as Super Dave the Stunt Man whose stunts always went wrong. It was a character he conceived. Check out clips on YouTube/ They may not have aged well but were funny at the time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic