Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

98.7 The Breeze (Soft AC) is here!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: 98.7 The Breeze (Soft AC) is here!

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 am

I have a cool idea for the website that I'm stealing from other stations.

The top banner have photo cutouts of the major AC Artists,
Easy 93.1's site has like Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Elton John, Rob Thomas, Whitney Houston, and a couple others.

I remember WNIC also doing this on their website during the 90s. They also had (rather outdated by today's standards) the entire site as an office cubicle with all the buttons for the site's links on the various equipment on the desk. I thought it was rather cute.

Music is my life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:25 am

As most of you now, I'm not a soft AC fan - not even in the least bit.

I do think it's far too soon to jump to conclusions about a station that's only been on the air for roughly 45 days.

I'd like the Soft AC aficionados on this thread to take a look at 100.5 The River's playlist in Grand Rapids and opine how it compares (favorably or unfavorably) to what 98.7 in Detroit is playing.

My gut feeling: 100.5 in Grand Rapids is deeper & plays more in the way of the "oh wow" songs. Of note, that hasn't always been the case with WTRV. Until a few years ago, they were pretty much a run-of-the-mill AC station. Within the last year, they've veered even further into the Soft AC / MOR lane. They have gone back to their roots. The station now sounds very similar to the way it did when it was purchased by AMFM, Inc. in the late 90's (or was it Regent? I can't remember).

Ironically, there's a chance The River will soon be changing its name to the Breeze, according to RadioInsight.

http://rivergrandrapids.com/playlist/

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 am

Chad and Christy are the Morning Show this morning, one question who the hell are Chad and Christy they don’t sound bad.

ascher2

Post by ascher2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Chad & Christy Thomas

The New MAGIC 94-9 morning team is a pair of Tampa Bay's best broadcasters a pair that already WAS a team! The husband/wife duo has been in radio for many years, but never together until now. It certainly seems to agree with them!

Check out Chadd & Kristi; you can hear them weekday mornings from 5 to 9 AM on The New MAGIC 94-9!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 pm

How did they find their way on to Saturday morning on a Detroit station.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 pm

MW, I completely forgot to mention 100.5

I am in love with with their playlist!
I don't listen to it much at home as my Amazon Echo can't ever find it, so I can only listen to it on the computer.

Very interesting about the possible name change!

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 pm

ascher2 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 pm
Chad & Christy Thomas

The New MAGIC 94-9 morning team is a pair of Tampa Bay's best broadcasters a pair that already WAS a team! The husband/wife duo has been in radio for many years, but never together until now. It certainly seems to agree with them!

Check out Chadd & Kristi; you can hear them weekday mornings from 5 to 9 AM on The New MAGIC 94-9!
That station is owned by COX... who knows...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:12 pm

EnbyCee wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:02 pm
It's not as good as if they were to simulcast the work of the matinee-idol handsome Cowboy,whose calls to the Ben Maller Show on Fox Sports Radio have stopped wars,but he no longer calls that show due to Maller's refusal to call for the assassination of Trump.Nonetheless remember that Cowboy,who would gladly fillet the children of Jim Rome were that 50-year old who attempts to sound young to ever come across the brave and hung Cowboy,saw the Bengals defeat the Washington Senators exactly 46 and 1/2 years ago today...
Okay then :o :rolleyes :lol

Music is my life.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Chad and Christy Thomas are no longer listed on Tampa's Magic 94.9 website...Could they possibly be the new morning show on 98.7 The Breeze? Guess we'll find out early Monday morning! This morning's show probably was a "live audition" (unpaid) for them. They sounded pretty good!

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 pm

I liked them too.
I sure hope they could be the permanent morning show

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:53 pm

They did sound good, for a minute I thought are these people from K-Love, and I mean that in a way that they came off as very pleasant in the delivery of the show and how they handled themselves. Very good and professional.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm

How did they find their way on to Saturday morning on a Detroit station.
Chad & Christy - after a lengthy and highly successful run on Magic 94.9 - moved to B98.7 in Tampa Bay a couple years ago. B98.7 is owned by Beasley Media, the same company that owns WRIF, WCSX and The Bounce.

About three weeks ago, B98.7 flipped to hard classic rock as "98.7 The Shark." Shortly before the flip, Chad & Christy left the station. At the time, it was reported their contract was not renewed. (Ironically, Dave & Chuck the Freak now air on 98.7 The Shark.)

So, long story short - they are (were?) unemployed and perhaps were doing an audition of sorts for either 98.7 the Breeze or Entercom in general.
I am in love with with their playlist!
I don't listen to it much at home as my Amazon Echo can't ever find it, so I can only listen to it on the computer.
Yeah, I don't believe any of Clownsquare's G.R. stations are Alexa enabled. Clownsquare's G.R. stations are also unavailable on TuneIn.

The good news is I believe 100.5 The River does have a smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores. You can also play the stream straight from the station web site on your smartphone. Use a 3.5 mm audio cable or bluetooth to pipe the broadcast to your favorite speaker. :)

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Has anyone noticed a more balanced playlist today, this morning the station did sound better musically, but did it change as the day went on?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Definitely still the same bizarre RnB heavy playlist, but they seem to keep grouping the different genres of songs together at times

Music is my life.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Was in a Dentist office and safety shoe store today here in Windsor and both of them had 98.7 the Breeze on.

Just goes to show people are receptive to change on the dial and have picked up on this station pretty quick.

Its only been a couple of weeks ..........

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic