Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Leaving Thursday morning for Florida, without even having wiped the dust off the snow shovel this year.
Cross the border before noon. Lunch in Toledo. Stop for the night in southern KY

Day two, stop for the night in southern GA. Arrive in the Tampa Bay area around mid-day Saturday

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Greetings from somewhere in southern KY. Don't think the town has any name. It's just an exit off the Interstate with a lot of hotels. Trip, so far has been uneventful. No exciting adventures to share.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Safe travels my friend. If you go by one of the several nudist resorts near Tampa, make Sure to post pictures! :)

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:17 pm
Safe travels my friend. If you go by one of the several nudist resorts near Tampa, make Sure to post pictures! :)
Where are they? Where are they?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:45 am

Ever try the Sun Parlor, touted by CHYR? Or Pelee Island? They should tout it as "Further South Than Parts Of California". Ah, latitude 42, where the Tropics begin. By June 1 every year. Too many bugs and alligators in Florida for me.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

format this

Post by format this » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 am

Ben Zonia wrote:Ah, latitude 42, where the Tropics begin.
Um, nope. Latitude 42 runs thru southern Michigan. There is a brewery in Portage called Latitude 42 as it’s where it sits... latitude 42. And even though it’s a warm winter so far, it ain’t tropical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:54 am

That's a joke. 42 is where the Canadian Tropics begin, the furthest South parts of Canada. It includes Pelee Point and Pelee Island. The gateway is the CJSP tower, where the old CHYR array used to be, at 42 00 35 N as I recall. The Northern state line of California is at 42 00 00 N, within Surveying error at the time it was originally done. Also the Southern Border of Oregon. The earth tilted, 23 1/2 degrees, and all the fruits and nuts fell below 42 00 00 N. Northern California is where the girls are warm. The real Tropics are below 23 30 00 N. Your Geography Lesson for today.

http://vfrmap.com/?type=vfrc&lat=41.637 ... 28&zoom=10

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 am

Putin Bay is where Vladimir and Donnie meet for lunch. They fly to the Putin Bay Airport. :rollin

And I do want to warn you, those "Health Camps" rarely have anyone worth ogling. And the people who frequent them tend to be certifiably insane. Save your neck muscles. That's just Second Hand News. Bryce is sending you down The Primrose Path to the Hotel California. Who wants to go to Fire Lake?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:25 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:44 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:17 pm
Where are they? Where are they?
https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/Ta ... LTIxGAJSAA

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Nothing says "Middle Class" like the guy strutting around the Publix supermarket in his Tommy Hilfinger shirt, with his sunglasses on top of his head and wearing one of those cell phone ear pieces that keeps him permanently connected.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Nothing says "Middle Class" like the guy strutting around the Publix supermarket in his Tommy Hilfinger shirt, with his sunglasses on top of his head and wearing one of those cell phone ear pieces that keeps him permanently connected.
See, you should go hang out with the nudists. They don't wear brand names.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:52 pm

I just got 3 lovely shirts from LL Bean. My wife got a pair of gloves and a lovely pair of thick, comfy socks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:22 pm

See, you should go hang out with the nudists. They don't wear brand names.

But then, I wouldn't know their class. I need to know.

Their clothing is like a badge that says " Hey everyone, I'm middle class."

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 pm
That would be upper class... maybe upper middle class... most of us middle class types wouldn’t be caught dead like that guy...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Tommy Hilfinger is outlet wear.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic