Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:50 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:44 pm
Elizabeth Warren is the one who is being exploitative of a questionable heritage.
de·rog·a·to·ry
/dəˈräɡəˌtôrē/
adjective
showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.
synonyms: disparaging, denigratory, deprecatory, disrespectful, demeaning;

ex·ploit·a·tive
/ikˈsploidədiv,ekˈsploidədiv/
adjective
making use of a situation or treating others unfairly in order to gain an advantage or benefit.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:03 pm

ZZand I think is right, I see a crowded field, not as many as with the GOP in 15-16, but maybe like 04.

Warren, I am not sure she is strong enough in terms of personality. She could probably easily be elected as a leader in Canada or say Scandinavia, but not sure the US populous would go for her.

The Dems have a problem here, they need someone electable and that's not a gaffe machine.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:38 am

The blood test showed yes - Native American included.

Not no - Native American excluded.

Warren wins. Trump trips. Par for his course.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:42 am

Michelle Obama should go up against Trump or Pence.

Actually - Warren not necessary for M Obama to be on the democratic ticket. But in that case who would be M Obama’s VP choice?

Any serious ideas for her VP?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 am

I know I'm dredging up an old thread.
I'm reading that Warren is now back peddling on actually having a Native American ancestor.
And has apologized to Native American leaders. I found this link, which does not have as much detail as what I read on Flipboard.

The link on Flipboard says she is no longer claiming to have found a Native American ancestor. The test she had was actually a blood test, not a spit test. None of the Ancestry/23 and me/Family Tree/etc. use blood to trace ancestors.
They all have you spit in a vial, and that's where the database they cull possible links comes from.
She now says her blood test indicates there are markers indictive of Native Americans.
Until she spits in a vial, there is no way to prove anyone in her genealogy tree is Native American.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/us/p ... e-dna.html

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 pm

If all women looked like Warren, most men would be gay. Or asexual

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:39 am

🙄

Music is my life.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am

Y M Ionhere - thanks for reminding us of your hatred for women.
To you and your sexually insecure, laughable band of bros - women are first and foremost to be scrutinized for their bodies - facial features, age, figures, etc.

You then express your lack of respect for and your ignorance about non-hetero males - indicating human sexual orientation can be magically changed by looking at women rather than acknowledging such orientation is genetic and not a “life style” or casual selection.

You sound as threatened by Senator Elizabeth Warren as Trump does - which he constantly reminds us - HE IS. Nobody gets under his skin like Warren. The cowardly bully is obviously petrified to face her in a debate.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

screen glare wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am
To you and your sexually insecure, laughable band of bros - women are first and foremost to be scrutinized for their bodies - facial features, age, figures, etc.

You then express your lack of respect for and your ignorance about non-hetero males - indicating human sexual orientation can be magically changed by looking at women rather than acknowledging such orientation is genetic and not a “life style” or casual selection.

You sound as threatened by Senator Elizabeth Warren as Trump does - which he constantly reminds us - HE IS. Nobody gets under his skin like Warren. The cowardly bully is obviously petrified to face her in a debate.
She hasn’t actually got what it takes... too many unforced errors already...

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:41 pm

screen glare wrote:

No, YM is right, That broad is butt ugly :barf She must shave her face every day, Hell I shave mine every couple days.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 pm

If ugly women made you turn gay, that would be true of every male student at -ichigan. Sorry, that school up north.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 pm

screen glare wrote:

Quite the contrary. I love women. Beyond her name, nothing about Lizzy is a woman. And to imply a lack of respect or ignorance about “non-heterosexual” males Is pretty hollow. Ask 10 heterosexual guys if they would find her appealing and 7 or 8 will likely say no.
And wouldn’t your endless rants about Trumps mental state also be ignorant or disrespectful to people with true mental issues?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Do I find Elizabeth Warren appealing from a "looks" standpoint?

That's an easy one - NO WAY.

Despite her early faux pas, I continue to believe Warren has the potential to do quite well in the Dem primary races. Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand stand zero chance.

Amy Klobuchar has a difficult to spell last name and a bad temper, too, based on recent news reports. LOL
She might not get very far.

Cory Booker is a serious candidate. He and Warren are the only two Dem hopefuls who have a serious shot right now.

Pete Buttigieg is likable and charismatic - but for cripe's sake - he's the mayor of tiny South Bend, IN. Going from that post to the Presidency is a quantum leap. How about running for Congress first?

Beto O'Rourke should give very serious consideration to running. I think he'd be able to galvanize young Dem voters far more effectively than anyone running right now, including Booker.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm
… Despite her early faux pas, I continue to believe Warren has the potential to do quite well in the Dem primary races. Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand stand zero chance ...
I'll not disagree that she just may be a great choice.
But MW, the Native American thing is more than just a faux pas.
She flat out said DNA proves she has a Native American ancestor. An actual person.
Then she back peddled quicker than Michael Jackson, and had to admit there is none in her family tree.

Should it matter? Of course not. She would be a fine leader. Knows the ropes, has the network, a fine choice.
Will it matter when the feeding frenzy of the primaries get underway? Unfortunately yes.

Just like Hillary, I think the media will have an "anointed candidate" early in the Democratic primaries.
A chosen one that everyone that was doing Cartwheels For Clinton in 2016 will get behind in 2020.
I just can't shag the feeling that the power brokers in the Democratic Party will decide there is just too much of a chance of The Donald manipulating AncestryGate to his advantage to choose Warren as their nominee.

Like I said in the second paragraph, it shouldn't matter. But politics are weird. They can take the most benign issue, and make it THE issue. Like abortion or guns. Issues to be passionate about, but not issues that you decide who to vote for.
There are far more serious and important and urgent things that need to be dealt with (in my opinion anyway).

Like I've said in other threads, I see Biden getting into this. Yeah, like I've said before, he will be the oldest president ever inaugurated. But there are more than a few people who think he's the best chance to beat Trump.

And like I've said in another thread. This show hasn't even started yet.
We are just sitting down with our popcorn getting ready to clap at the MJR jingle.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:55 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm
… Despite her early faux pas, I continue to believe Warren has the potential to do quite well in the Dem primary races. Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand stand zero chance ...
I'll not disagree that she just may be a great choice.
But MW, the Native American thing is more than just a faux pas.
She flat out said DNA proves she has a Native American ancestor. An actual person.
Then she back peddled quicker than Michael Jackson, and had to admit there is none in her family tree.

Should it matter? Of course not. She would be a fine leader. Knows the ropes, has the network, a fine choice.
Will it matter when the feeding frenzy of the primaries get underway? Unfortunately yes.

Just like Hillary, I think the media will have an "anointed candidate" early in the Democratic primaries.
A chosen one that everyone that was doing Cartwheels For Clinton in 2016 will get behind in 2020.
I just can't shag the feeling that the power brokers in the Democratic Party will decide there is just too much of a chance of The Donald manipulating AncestryGate to his advantage to choose Warren as their nominee.

Like I said in the second paragraph, it shouldn't matter. But politics are weird. They can take the most benign issue, and make it THE issue. Like abortion or guns. Issues to be passionate about, but not issues that you decide who to vote for.
There are far more serious and important and urgent things that need to be dealt with (in my opinion anyway).

Like I've said in other threads, I see Biden getting into this. Yeah, like I've said before, he will be the oldest president ever inaugurated. But there are more than a few people who think he's the best chance to beat Trump.

And like I've said in another thread. This show hasn't even started yet.
We are just sitting down with our popcorn getting ready to clap at the MJR jingle.
I think Biden and Booker have the best shot at Trump...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic