Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Allyson (???) on 106.7 + A-to-Z playlist promotion

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
BKRPDM

Re: Allyson (???) on 106.7 + A-to-Z playlist promotion

Post by BKRPDM » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:40 am
Except when CSX did it, they had me in the production room for days making sure EVERY song was properly titled, intro times were correct, and every cart number matched up. You know, that silly "live bodies in the studio" thing. The jocks cared about their craft and didn't wanna talk over the intro to Ziggy Stardust when they should have been playing R songs.

What's also pissing me off are the 10-15 second snippets of the morning show for promos. I've yet to hear ONE that's even remotely funny or makes me think I wanna tune in. Too many damn voices, too. Like it isn't bad enough I have to hear Boob and Turd and their parade of voices on 106.1 and 104.7. Morning radio blows.

Once, I filled in for a vacationing Jim O'Brien on Ken Calvert's morning show a few years back. I was in the studio with Ken all morning, and he turned my mic on, but never once did I utter a word. Not because I was told I could or couldn't talk, but it's not my show and I didn't have anything to add to the break. Now, anyone near a mic starts jabbering. Useless clutter.
Useless clutter. Spot on, Mega. I think of this all the time during Valenti’s show, where Sully and the rest of the producers incessantly chat and add nothing.

stopnswop2

Re: Allyson (???) on 106.7 + A-to-Z playlist promotion

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:40 am
Now, anyone near a mic starts jabbering. Useless clutter.
Reminds me of Chuck Gaidica's version of The Breakfast Club on WNIC.
But at least they actually were funny!!

Listening to them screaming and laughing like nuts during battle of the sexes actually made me want to wake up Thursday mornings

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic