Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Merry Christmas to all

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Merry Christmas to all

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:28 am

Nah,that's an insult to Simmons, this defective sperm sample has many more screws loose than Simmons ever thought of having. So what was on the Christmas Day menu? My family enjoyed a Prime Rib roast, spiral sliced ham and all the trimmings with either French Silk or Dutch Apple pie.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:37 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:28 am
Nah,that's an insult to Simmons, this defective sperm sample has many more screws loose than Simmons ever thought of having. So what was on the Christmas Day menu? My family enjoyed a Prime Rib roast, spiral sliced ham and all the trimmings with either French Silk or Dutch Apple pie.
Ham
Turkey breast
Mashed potatoes
Yams
Beans
Corn
Macaroni salad
Crescent rolls
Apple Pie
Cherry pie

Needless to say, I spent plenty of time with my belt undone in the recliner.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:43 am

“All the Friars should preach by their deeds.”
Saint Francis of Assisi

That accurate quote is often re-worded and attributed to the same man - going something like this:
“Always preach Jesus Christ - use words if necessary.”

Anyway - those here fighting over religion/no religion, right religion/wrong religion, etc. can probably all agree that helpful, charitible deeds - especially those involving self sacrifice - are
good.

Merry Christmas.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 am

Do no great thing - only small things with great love.

- Saint Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa)

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am

Christmas dinner:
Ham
Cranberry Sauce
Corn Pudding
Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Crescent Rolls
Butter
Home made candies/cookies/ coffee/tea/ egg nog

And a prayer before eating expressing gratitude for family, friends, food, and every blessing in our lives that come from God - even when they are difficult lessons.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:29 pm

We had our Christmas Feast on Christmas Eve. I hate going anywhere on Christmas Day so we have family and friends over for a annual Christmas Eve buffet. Starts at 6:00 P.M. and goes to about Midnight. I like the buffet because people can come and go depending on their schedule with kids, church and Christmas plays.

This year's culinary selections included:

Home made anti pasta platter with various meats, cheeses, olives, roasted pepper etc.
Raspberry Baked Brie en croute.
Hand glazed and torched spiral sliced ham.
Shrimp Cocktail
Fresh Oysters served Asian style.
Sweet and sour meatballs
Tuna Pasta Shell Salad
Home made cranberry applesauce
Deviled Eggs
Sweet Potato Souffle
Three Cheese Macaroni
Home Made Cannoli
Lemon Meringue Pie
French Silk Pie
Assorted Cookie's
Open Bar

(I have a feeling some family members sang extra loud during Midnight Mass this year)

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:30 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:28 am
How do you prepare your Prime Rib Roast? Any family secrets?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:00 pm

It’s a lot like Brontosaurus.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 am

My daughter does a rub of garlic, EVOO, Kosher salt and other herbs and spices, sears it in cast iron and then slows roasts in for 4 hours. Comes out medium rare, fork tender and juicy. I think her secret is using minced garlic and mixing the garlic juice in the rub

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic