Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

In March, you could all be in jail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: In March, you could all be in jail

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm

I think the cops will throw the cuffs on you.
In any case my wife brought home a pizza from Gilbert's on Harper in St Clair Shores. I am looking forward to reheating it.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Anyone else a fan of popcorn? Recently, we discovered that our grocer no longer sells white popcorn.

We ended up ordering Bob's Red Mill popcorn and it's amazing. I never knew it could taste so good...

Anyone try other brands?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:41 pm

How do you cook it?
We mostly buy the stuff in a microwave bag. Not exactly memorable.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:47 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm
I think the cops will throw the cuffs on you.
In any case my wife brought home a pizza from Gilbert's on Harper in St Clair Shores. I am looking forward to reheating it.
OK...I gotta ask. What is so special about Gilbert's, that a guy from Ann Arbor and the slew of pretty good pies available there, would choose to purchase one so far away that it has to be re heated?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:53 pm

My wife was actually meeting some girlfriends for lunch. We love Gilbert's so she brought one home. But for sure we would never drive there just for pizza. But if you are in the area it's worth a try.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:48 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:53 pm
My wife was actually meeting some girlfriends for lunch. We love Gilbert's so she brought one home. But for sure we would never drive there just for pizza. But if you are in the area it's worth a try.
That makes perfect sense. Thanks.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:41 pm
How do you cook it?
We mostly buy the stuff in a microwave bag. Not exactly memorable.
Vintage Stir Crazy makes it perfectly. I just can't eat that stuff out of the microwave bag.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:26 am

Orvill Redenbacher’s Original popping corn in the clear plastic jar with a red lid pops up the largest kernels. Fluffy and crunchy. We make ours in an old Whirly Pop stove top popper - using either canola or olive oil on a medium high flame. No butter on top when served. Just a mixture of salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Fantastic flavor and crunch. Plus fewer calories when butter is off the menu. If you use enough oil you still get a butter-like look and sensation on your tongue.

Microwave popcorn bad for you.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:58 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:26 am
Orvill Redenbacher’s Original popping corn in the clear plastic jar with a red lid pops up the largest kernels. Fluffy and crunchy. We make ours in an old Whirly Pop stove top popper - using either canola or olive oil on a medium high flame. No butter on top when served. Just a mixture of salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Fantastic flavor and crunch. Plus fewer calories when butter is off the menu. If you use enough oil you still get a butter-like look and sensation on your tongue.

Microwave popcorn bad for you.
Try Bob's it is way better than grocery store popcorn. Redenbacher buys spot market and it's just not as good.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:02 am

When I was a kid, popcorn was popped on the stove top in a pot with oil, shaking it back and forth, all these years later still my favorite way to pop it. Normally keep some in the cupboard, buy what ever is on sale. Cold pizza in one of my favorite breakfasts. Some do better than others when cold, I find Donatos holds up best.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:55 am

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Yeah. Bail out of here before March. Not worth jail birding it.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 am

I had an aunt that used popcorn in her Thanksgiving Turkey. She stuffed the bird and part of the stuffing was unpopped kernels and when they popped the bird was done. Weird as it sounds it always worked.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 am
I had an aunt that used popcorn in her Thanksgiving Turkey. She stuffed the bird and part of the stuffing was unpopped kernels and when they popped the bird was done. Weird as it sounds it always worked.
that's one I've never heard of. :shock:

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:06 am

What do you like to eat, lovinlife101?

Or do you just drink?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic